IT Support Technician Certification Program
- Learning Style: On Demand
- Provider: CompTIA
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Course Duration: 12 Weeks
- Certificate: See Sample
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this Program:
The IT Support Technician Certification Program is an immersive and accelerated training program with a focus on creating the next generation of IT professionals. You will attend courses, do hands on labs, and apply your learning to successfully complete projects that address different topics such as Computer hardware and software fundamentals. Throughout the program you will interact with experts who will guide you through the program, answer questions, and help with labs and projects. The program will end with a capstone project where you will apply your learnings to real life information technology challenges. This is a 12-weeks program that includes 10 weeks of certification training and 2 weeks for exam preparation. Graduates of this program will learn critical skills for different information technology careers and will have access to career services as well.
This program covers following topics:
- Set up a computer workstation and use basic software applications
- Understand the functions and types of devices used within a computer system
- Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles
- Understand some principles of software and database development
- Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the internet
- Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks
Computer/ Systems Fundamentals
- Hardware architecture
- Operating Systems (Windows and Linux)
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
- Implement physical security.
- Implement client virtualization and cloud computing.
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
Certifications You Can Be Ready For:
This program will cover the material needed for following certifications:
- CompTIA ITF+
- CompTIA A+
During the Program, you will work with your Career Counselor and Mentor to develop specific certification exams that you should take and additional activities you need to do to pass those certifications. We don't anticipate our students to take all these exams during the Program
- Students considering a career in IT.
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT.
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations.
This program is aimed at those considering a career in IT and computer-related fields. There are no prerequisites for you to meet to successfully start this course.