Master Data Services, Data Quality Services with SQL 2012-2014 and Excel (MS-55073)
Need Training for 5 or More People?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this Course:
Studies show that data decays at about 2% a month all organizations need to work from reliable information while ensuring that the integrity of information and consistency of data is constant across different applications. Microsoft SQL Server 2012-2014 Master Data Services is a powerful feature designed to help an organization create a structure and hierarchy for data, so that data collected and used across multiple departments, silos and databases is standardized and aligned. This ensures that different databases are interoperable. When combined with Data Quality Services and Excel a complete end to end system is available.
- Have a basic understanding of the concepts behind master data management.
- Configure Master Data Services.
- Create models and entities.
- Add attributes including domain-based attributes.
- Add a member via the web interface.
- Reverse a transaction.
- Create and configure attribute groups.
- Create and configure derived hierarchies.
- Create and configure collections.
- Create a leaf member with T-SQL.
- Delete a member with the web interface and examine results in SSMS.
- View errors in batch files.
- Load leaf members with SQL Server Integration Services and flat files.
- Create and configure versions.
- Navigate the business rules interface.
- Create a business rule.
- Populate a value based on another value.
- Explore and fix validation issues.
- Set up security in MDS.
- Create and configure a subscription view.
- Create a connection to an MDS database using Excel.
- Publish data to an MDS database using Excel.
- Filter data using Excel.
- Save a query to Excel.
- Create an entity from data in Excel.
- Create a new knowledge base.
- Create a DQS Quality Cleansing Project.
This course is intended for SQL Professionals, Business Intelligence Developers, Data Analysts and Data Stewards and Project Managers that need to learn how to utilize Master Data Services.
There are no prerequisites for this course.