Master PowerShell v5 for SQL Administrators in a Day (MS-55207)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
3 DaysSATV Value
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course
This Microsoft training is designed for the SQL managers who holds very minimal knowledge of PowerShell. The course provides training on SQL managing basic features along with basic learning and skills needed for managing and enhancing the interoperations of PowerShell SQL.
The average salary for SQL Database Administrator is $77,428 per year.
This Microsoft training will provide the skills and learning for:
Knowing SQL SMO (Server Management Objects)
Comprehend scripting pitfalls.
Comprehend scheduling features.
Identify and learn about available cmdlets.
Perform backup and restore database functions.
Perform add files and filegroups functions.
Perform restricting and rearranging indexes functions.
Perform attach and detach database functions.
Perform the output with formatting handling.
Comprehend changing loop execution characteristic.
General script designing functions.
Identify and know filters and functions.
Explore and set up modules.
Recover SQL Server instance information.
Identify and know SQL Server Cmdlets.
Know current updates.
Develop and know logins.
Features available for the tracking performance metrics.
Identify and know the background functions.
Development of the PowerShell.
Comprehend and employ SSIS
Comprehend and employ the PowerShell surroundings.
Comprehend and employ For Each loop.
Comprehend and employ For loops.
Comprehend and employ Do While loops.
Comprehend and employ Do Until loops.
Comprehend and employ While loops.
Comprehend and employ loops.
Comprehend and employ SSAS.
Comprehend and employ SSRS.
Comprehend and employ PowerShell.
Comprehend and employ the pipeline
Comprehend and employ scripting.
Comprehend and employ cmdlets
Comprehend and employ parameters
Comprehend and employ arrays.
Comprehend and employ hash tables.
Comprehend and employ the all-essential Help system.
Comprehend and employ user-defined variables.
Comprehend and employ working with the file system.
This course is designed for:
The general concept and understanding of PowerShell
Suggested prerequisites courses
Windows PowerShell Scripting and Toolmaking (MS-55039)
Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell (MS-10961)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Course Overview
This module explains how the class will be structured and introduces course materials and additional administrative information.
- Course Materials
- What We'll Be Discussing
Lab : Course Overview
- Successfully log into their virtual machine.
- Have a full understanding of what the course intends to cover.
Module 2: PowerShell and SQL
In this module, we will be discussing SQL Server Cmdlets and SQL Server Management Objects. In addition, we will look at modules and the process to install the SQLPS Module.
- Examining Modules and Installing the SQLPS Module
- Examining SQL Server Cmdlets
- Discussing SQL Server Management Objects (SMO)
- Recent Updates – July 2016
Lab : PowerShell and SQL
- Installing the PowerShell SQL Module
- Examine and install modules.
- Examine and understand SQL Server Cmdlets.
- Understand SQL Server Management Objects (SMO).
- Understand recent updates.
Module 3: SQL Administration with PowerShell
In this module, we will examine ways of retrieving information pertaining to the SQL Server instance installed, and look at ways of accomplishing many other management and administrative tasks that can be quickly and efficiently tackled with PowerShell.
- Examining SQL Information Retrieval
- Exploring Logins
- Adding Files and Filegroups
- Detach and Attach Databases
- Understanding Backup and Restore
- Examining Indexes
Lab : SQL Administration with PowerShell
- SQL Server Instances
- Files and FileGroups
- Detach and Attach Databases
- Backup and Restore
- Retrieve SQL Server instance information.
- Understand and create logins.
- Understand how to add files and filegroups.
- Understand how to detach and attach databases.
- Understand how to backup and restore databases.
- Understand how to reorganize/rebuild indexes.
Module 4: Monitoring and Automation
In this module, we will examine a handful of helpful cmdlets, discuss options for scheduling, and explore ways to track performance metrics.
- Exploring Cmdlets
- Discussing Scheduling
- Understanding Performance Metrics
Lab : Monitoring and Automation
- Explore available cmdlets.
- Understand scheduling options.
- Understand options for tracking performance metrics.
Module 5: SSAS, SSIS, AND SSRS
In this module, we will examine ways of working with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). This module is not meant to be an exhaustive reference but instead is intended to give you a brief look at the capabilities built into the system and encourage you to further explore ways of managing your SQL Server environment using PowerShell.
- Examining SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Exploring SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Lab : SSAS, SSIS, AND SSRS
- Understand and utilize SSAS.
- Understand and utilize SSIS.
- Understand and utilize SSRS.
Module 6: Appendix: 752552 PowerShell 5.0 Basics
PowerShell is a scripting language, and an automation platform for Windows and Windows Server, which allows you to simplify and streamline the management of your systems. PowerShell utilizes the power of the .NET Framework, which provides rich objects and an extensive set of built-in functionality for taking control of your Windows environments.
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Utilizing PowerShell
- The Pipeline
- Processing Data with Loops
- Scripting and Functions
Lab : Appendix: 752552 PowerShell 5.0 Basics
- The Console
- The PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE)
- Updating Help
- Utilizing Help
- Utilizing PowerShell
- Working with the File System
- User-Defined Variables
- Hash Tables
- Creating a Pipeline
- Passing Data Through the Pipeline
- While Loops
- Do While Loops
- Do Until Loops
- For Loops
- ForEach Loop
- Understand the evolution of PowerShell.
- Understand and utilize the PowerShell environment.
- Understand and utilize the all-important Help System.
- Understand and utilize PowerShell.
- Understand and utilize working with the file system.
- Understand and utilize parameters.
- Understand and utilize user-defined variables.
- Understand and utilize arrays.
- Understand and utilize hash tables.
- Understand and execute cmdlets.
- Understand and utilize the pipeline.
- Understand how to control the output with formatting.
- Understand background jobs.
- Understand aliases.
- Understand and utilize loops.
- Understand and utilize While loops.
- Understand and utilize Do While loops.
- Understand and utilize Do Until loops.
- Understand and utilize For loops.
- Understand and utilize ForEach loops.
- Understand altering loop execution.
- Understand and utilize scripting.
- Understand functions and filters.
- Understand the basics of script design.
- Understand scripting pitfalls.
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|SATV Value||3 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt