Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
This Boot Camp describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. You will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. It also describes mobile device management (MDM) technologies and the integration of various online cloud services with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. It focuses on both hybrid MDM using Microsoft Intune, and the on-premises MDM scenario. It also helps certification candidates prepare for Microsoft 70-703: Administering Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration certification exam.
The average salary for a System Center Manager skill is $80,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
Analyze data by using queries and reports.
Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
Implement Endpoint Protection for managed PCs.
Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site
- Describe the challenges in managing a mobile and Internet-based workforce and how Configuration Manager integrated with MDM and cloud services solutions can address these challenges.
- Describe and configure methods used to manage client devices that are located outside of the corporate network and connected to the Internet.
- Deploy and manage Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Deploy and manage Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager.
- Describe and configure a hybrid MDM scenario by using Configuration Manager and Intune.
- Enroll iOS, Android, and Windows-based devices in a hybrid Configuration Manager and Intune MDM solution.
- Describe and configure on-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager.
- This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager and Intune to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications. By using Configuration Manager with Intune, EDAs also can support either domain-joined or non-domain-joined Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) scenarios, mobile-device management, and secure data access on common operating-system platforms, such as Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS, and Android.
- Before attending this course, students must have working knowledge at the system-administrator level of the following:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- 20703-1 Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- 20703-1 Module 2: Analyzing data using queries and reports
- 20703-1 Module 3: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
- 20703-1 Module 4: Deploying and managing clients
- 20703-1 Module 5: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- 20703-1 Module 6: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- 20703-1 Module 7: Deploying and managing applications
- 20703-1 Module 8: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- 20703-1 Module 9: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- 20703-1 Module 10: Managing Compliance and Secure Data Access
- 20703-1 Module 11: Managing operating system deployment
- 20703-1 Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
- 20703-2 Module 5: Mobile device management by using Configuration Manager
- 20703-2 Module 6: Hybrid MDM with Configuration Manager and Intune
- 20703-2 Module 7: Device platform enrollment by using Configuration Manager MDM
- 20703-2 Module 8: On-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
|Guaranteed To Run||Guaranteed To Run|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 5 Days