Moving to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud and Microsoft Azure (CXD-252)
About this course:
This azure training course has been designed to provide students the information and knowledge required to progress from an on-premises environment into Citrix Cloud. The students will also learn the process of implementing resource locations in Microsoft Azure. Additionally, students will gain in-depth knowledge of management, architecture and communications of XenDesktop, the XenApp Service, and Citrix Cloud, along with the process of migrating the already existing settings and infrastructure into Citrix Cloud. Through this azure course the students will also gain the capability to plan the virtual machine and machine catalog design based on the public cloud of Microsoft and ensure the implementation of such machine via Machine Creation Services. In addition to all this, anybody enrolled in this course will gain knowledge regarding the process of configuring NetScaler Gateway and Citrix StoreFront as a service within Citrix Cloud as well as managed machine in the datacenter and on the Microsoft Azure platform for gaining remote access.
On average, a Solutions Developer having Microsoft Azure skills can earn up to $153,150, annually.
Once these azure classes are complete, students will gain the capabilities to:
Understand and gain knowledge regarding the various differences between the XenApp and XenDesktop Service and the XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises
Learn the process of installing, configuring, and managing Citrix Cloud Connectors
Use MCS for implementing and managing Virtual Delivery Agent Machine in Microsoft Azure and to on-premises resource locations.
Use Microsoft Azure Active Directory to integrate it with XenApp/XenDesktop and Citrix Cloud
Use NetScaler Gateway and Citrix StoreFront for providing remote access to Microsoft Azure
This azure training course is intended to be undertaken by IT professionals who have prior knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in an on-premises environment progressing to the Citrix Cloud along with the implementation of XenApp and XenDesktop workloads on Microsoft Azure.
Prior to enrolling in this azure course, students should have knowledge of and experience in implementing and managing XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in on-premises environment.
Additionally, we also recommend that students should have minimal knowledge of the following Microsoft Azure platforms.
Azure Resource Manager portals
Virtual machine management
Suggested prerequisite course:
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration (CXD-210)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Cloud
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Module 2: Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
Module 3: Introduction to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- XenApp and XenDesktop Deployment Models
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using On- Premises Resources with MCS
Module 4: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Studio and Director
- XenApp and XenDesktop Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the XenApp and XenDesktop Services
Module 5: Providing Access with StoreFront and NetScaler in Citrix Cloud
- Consideration for StoreFront Location
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- Configuring StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway Access in Citrix Cloud
Module 6: Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
Module 7: On-Premises Migration to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Considerations for Migrating to a Public Cloud
Module 8: XenApp and XenDesktop on Azure Overview
- Defining IAAS
- XenApp and XenDesktop Azure Deployment Models
- Azure Fundamentals Review
- Azure Management
- Azure Locations
Module 9: XenApp and XenDesktop Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Basics
- Active Directory Usage
- Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
- Azure Role Based Access Control
Module 10: Connecting to Microsoft Azure
- Azure Connectivity
- Cloud Connectors in Azure
- Creating XenApp and XenDesktop Host Connections to Azure
Module 11: Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services
- Master Image Preparation
- Machine Creation Services in Azure
- Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Module 12: Providing Access to End Users
- StoreFront Locations
- NetScaler Locations
- Multiple XenApp and XenDesktop Zones in Azure Regions
Module 13: Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Infrastructure
- Maintaining Resources
- Power Management
Module 14: Plan for a Successful POC
- Planning your next steps
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt