Moving to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud and Microsoft Azure (CXD-252)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
Navigate the move from an on-premises environment into Citrix Cloud and learn to deploy resource locations onto Microsoft Azure. Learn the architecture, communications, and management of Citrix Cloud and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service and then migrate existing infrastructure and settings into Citrix Cloud. Plan machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft?s public cloud and deploy those machines using Machine Creation Services. Additional Azure considerations include maintenance and power management. Learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway as a service within Citrix Cloud or as managed machines in your datacenter or on the Azure platform for remote access.
The average salary for a Solutions Developer with Microsoft Azure skills is $153,150 per year.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the differences between XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- How to install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and XenApp/XenDesktop with Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway on Microsoft Azure
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in an on-premises environment moving to the Citrix Cloud and deploying their XenApp and XenDesktop workloads on Microsoft Azure.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have experience deploying and managing XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x in on-premises environment.
It is also recommended that students have basic knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform including:
- Virtual machine management
- Azure Resource Manager portals
Suggested prerequisite course:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Cloud
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Module 2: Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
Module 3: Introduction to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- XenApp and XenDesktop Deployment Models
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using On- Premises Resources with MCS
Module 4: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Studio and Director
- XenApp and XenDesktop Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the XenApp and XenDesktop Services
Module 5: Providing Access with StoreFront and NetScaler in Citrix Cloud
- Consideration for StoreFront Location
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- Configuring StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway Access in Citrix Cloud
Module 6: Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
Module 7: On-Premises Migration to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Considerations for Migrating to a Public Cloud
Module 8: XenApp and XenDesktop on Azure Overview
- Defining IAAS
- XenApp and XenDesktop Azure Deployment Models
- Azure Fundamentals Review
- Azure Management
- Azure Locations
Module 9: XenApp and XenDesktop Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Basics
- Active Directory Usage
- Connecting On-premises Active Directory to Azure
- Azure Role Based Access Control
Module 10: Connecting to Microsoft Azure
- Azure Connectivity
- Cloud Connectors in Azure
- Creating XenApp and XenDesktop Host Connections to Azure
Module 11: Deploying Apps and Desktops using Machine Creation Services
- Master Image Preparation
- Machine Creation Services in Azure
- Considerations for Deploying onto Azure
Module 12: Providing Access to End Users
- StoreFront Locations
- NetScaler Locations
- Multiple XenApp and XenDesktop Zones in Azure Regions
Module 13: Maintaining Infrastructure and VDAs in Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Infrastructure
- Maintaining Resources
- Power Management
Module 14: Plan for a Successful POC
- Planning your next steps
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's