Moving to XenApp and XenDesktop on Citrix Cloud (CXD-250)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
Learn how to navigate the move from XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises to the Citrix Cloud. Get hands-on as the course guides you through the architecture, communications, management, installation, and configuration of Citrix Cloud and the Cloud Connector. Learn about the many services available in Citrix Cloud and understand the considerations for migrating resources to a public cloud. If you are planning or considering a move to the Citrix Cloud, this course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills to understand, manage, and deliver a successful migration. Students will receive a Student Manual, Lab Exercise Guide, and access to a lab environment for the duration of the course.
The average salary for an IT Professional with the skills of XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud is $132,067 per year.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the differences between XenApp and XenDesktop on-premises and the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- How to install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors
- How to deliver app and desktop resources to on-premises locations
- How to migrate existing on-premises XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure to the Citrix Cloud
This course is built for IT Professionals who are responsible for migrating or supporting some or all of their on-premises XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service on Citrix Cloud.
- Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop.
Suggested prerequisite course:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix Cloud
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Module 2: Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
Module 3: Introduction to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- XenApp and XenDesktop Deployment Models
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service with On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using On- Premises Resources with MCS
Module 4: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Studio and Director
- XenApp and XenDesktop Remote PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the XenApp and XenDesktop Services
Module 5: Providing Access with StoreFront and NetScaler in Citrix Cloud
- Consideration for StoreFront Location
- Consideration for NetScaler Gateway Locations
- Configuring StoreFront and NetScaler Gateway Access in Citrix Cloud
Module 6: Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location (Lecture only)
Module 7: On-Premises Migration to the XenApp and XenDesktop Service
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Considerations for Migrating to a Public Cloud
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's