When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1210 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
Many organizations use databases to store their most critical information: the information that manages their day-to-day operations. After the data is stored in databases, however, it is useless unless you can retrieve it for further business analysis. One example of a database management system is Microsoft SQL Server 2012. The language you use to retrieve information from SQL Server 2012 databases is the Structured Query Language (SQL). This course, SQL Querying: Fundamentals, will teach you to use SQL as a tool to retrieve the information you need from databases.
The average salary for SQL Database Administrator is $77,428 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- Include a search condition in a simple query.
- Use various functions to perform calculations on data.
- Organize the data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen.
- Retrieve data from multiple tables.
- Export the results of a query.
This course is intended for:
- Individuals with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and who want to use SQL to query databases.
- Basic end-user computer skills and some familiarity with database terminology and structure are required.
Frequently Asked Questions
The SQL: Fundamentals of Querying (SQL-QueryFund) training will help you in your Job’s current role by learning and getting hands on experience in the following areas:
- Learn how to connect to SQL Server Database, write and execute a basic simple query
- Understand how you can filter the data by specifying conditional searching option in TSQL.
- Every company needs to perform calculations on data, with the help of the topics you will learn in this course, you will be able to understand and write various functions on how to calculate data whenever need be.
- You will learn organizing data which will be obtained from a query before it is displayed as a final output.
- Many times, our data is not present within our organization or even in the same city or country. You will Learn and Understand how to retrieve the data if it resides in more than one table and on different geographic location.
- You will also learn how to export the results of a query into excel, xml and csv formats.
What is T-SQL?
T-SQL stands for Transact Structured Query Language. It is an extension of SQL functionality supported by Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase ASE.
What is the difference between SQL and T-SQL?
- The difference between SQL and TSQL is that SQL is a query language to operate on sets, while TSQL is a proprietary procedural language used by MS SQL Server.
- Also, T-SQL has a different implementation of DELETE and UPDATE than SQL.
What is a Sub-Query?
- A sub-query is used to return data that will be used in the main query as a condition to further restrict the data to be retrieved.
- A sub-query can be used with the statements like Update, select, delete and insert with the operators like =, >, <, >=,<=, etc.
What are the maximum number of rows that can be constructed by inserting rows directly in VALUE list?
The maximum number of rows that can be constructed by inserting rows directly in VALUE list is 1000.
What is TOP in TSQL?
- TOP limits the rows returned in a query result set to a specified number of rows or percentage of rows in SQL Server.
- When TOP is used in combination with the ORDERBY clause, the result set is limited to the first N number of ordered rows.
- Otherwise, it retrieves the first N number of rows in an undefined order.
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||1 Day|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|