VMware Virtual SAN: Deploy and Manage V6.7 (VSDM55)
About this course:
In this three-day course, you focus on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware vSAN™ 6.7. You learn how vSAN functions as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. You gain practical experience with vSAN concepts through the completion of hands-on lab exercises.
The average salary for Vmware Administrator is $79,168 per year.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vSAN architecture
- Identify vSAN features and use cases
- Configure vSAN networking components
- Configure a vSAN cluster
- Deploy virtual machines on a vSAN datastore
- Configure virtual machine storage policies
- Perform ongoing vSAN management tasks
- Configure vSAN encryption
- Control vSAN resynchronization tasks
- Create and manage nested fault domains
- Use the vSAN health service to monitor health and performance
- Configure a stretched cluster and observe failover scenarios
- Describe vSAN interoperability with
- Plan and design a vSAN cluster
Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN
This course requires meeting one of the following prerequisites:
- Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
The course material presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Use VMware vSphere® ClientTM
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Describe the software-defined data center
Module 2 Introduction to vSAN
- Describe basic vSAN architecture and components
- Describe the differences between file, block, and object storage
- Explain the advantages of object-based storage
- Detail the configuration of a vSAN cluster
- Install and validate the initial vSAN installation and configuration
Module 3 vSAN Configuration
- Apply vSAN design considerations
- Detail the expansion of a vSAN cluster
- Configure vSAN disk groups manually
- Identify physical network configuration requirements
- Describe the configuration of vSAN networking
- Test and validate the vSAN configuration and functionality
- Describe the vSAN architecture and components
- Describe the differences between the vSAN hybrid and all-flash architectures
- Describe the advantages of all-flash architecture
- Describe the space-efficiency features of vSAN
- Describe the different vSAN assessment tools
- Explain vSAN License Details
Module 4 vSAN Policies and Virtual Machines
- Explain how storage policies work with vSAN
- Define and create a virtual machine storage policy
- Apply and modify virtual machine storage policies
- Change virtual machine storage policies dynamically
- Identify virtual machine storage policy compliance status
Module 5 Managing and Operating vSAN
- Explain how to configure encryption in the vSAN cluster
- Explain the management of hardware storage devices
- Identify alarms for vSAN events
- Describe and configure fault domains
- Describe the configuration of the vSAN iSCSI service, iSCSI targets, and LUNS
Module 6 Stretched Clusters and Two-Node Clusters
- Describe the architecture for stretched clusters and two-node clusters
- Create a stretched cluster
- Describe how stretched cluster storage policies affect vSAN objects
- Create and apply a vSAN stretched cluster policy to meet specific needs
- Discuss the behavior of a stretched cluster when various types of failures occur
Module 7 Monitoring and Troubleshooting vSAN
- Discuss hardware failure scenarios
- Describe the process of resynchronization
- Explain the possible reasons for resynchronization
- Describe the use of vSphere Client to detect issues
- Explain the use of the health service to monitor vSAN health
- Explain the use of the performance service to monitor vSAN performance.
- Monitor and test the vSAN environment
- Describe vSAN architecture components and the PNOMA OSI model.
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||Cloud Computing, Virtualization|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Based on the information taught in this course, you may be interested in the following related courses:
Prior to taking this course, you may want to look into the following prerequisite courses: