Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
24 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course
Virtualized environments are the future of computing. This computer science course extends basic virtualization skills into the latest Windows Server 2016 capabilities.
Explore the capabilities of Nano Server as an alternative lightweight OS solution for implementing an agile and cost-effective data center host with a reduced footprint.
Learn to extend the support provided by virtualization for hosting a variety of VMs running different operating systems. And ensure that you can support a highly available virtual environment, using clustering and load balancing technologies.
In addition to having a highly available virtual environment, you need to secure the environment. Explore some of the newest enhancements in Windows Server 2016 to protect your virtualized environment.
This course will also show you how to implement different migration options for moving VMs between Hyper-V hosts.
Through videos, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments this self-paced course will help you identify and implement the latest Windows Server 2016 virtualization capabilities. Use this course to help you:
- Decide if a career in IT is for you.
- Prepare for an introductory job in Windows Server administration.
- Enhance your existing skills in virtualized environments, such as modern data center and cloud-based systems.
- Study for Microsoft certification tests and badges.
- How to implement Nano Server.
- How to configure Hyper-V to run VMs with Linux and FreeBSD operating systems.
- How to configure new virtual switch and virtual networking features.
- How shielded VMs and the Host Guardian fabric protect your virtualized environment.
- How to plan backup and recovery strategies for virtualized environments.
- How to reduce downtime with migration strategies like Quick Migration, Live Migration and Hyper-V Replica.
- Learners should have a: general understanding of virtualized environments, specifically Hyper-V.
- Good foundation in accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Microsoft's Committment
- Getting Started
Module 1 | Nano Server
- Nano Server Images and Virtual Machines
- Managing Nano Server
- Nano Server Hosts
- Module 01 Review Questions
Module 2 | Advanced Hyper-V Settings
- Hyper-V for Linux and FreeBSD Virtual Machines
- Hyper-V Switches and VLAN Settings
- Shielded VMs
- Module 02 Review Questions
Module 3 | Highly Available Virtual Environments
- Business Continuity
- High Availability in Virtualization
- Hyper-V Failover Clustering
- Disaster Recovery in Virtualization
- Module 3 Review Questions
Module 4 | Highly Available Hyper-V
- Additional Hyper-V Failover Clustering Options
- Quick Migration and Live Migration
- Storage Migration and Shared Nothing Migration
- Hyper-V Replica
- Module 4 Review Questions
- Final Exam (Graded)
- Post-Course Survey
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||24 Hours|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's