Windows Server 2016: Advanced Virtualization
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
24 HoursCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Learn Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
About this course
Virtualized environments are the future of computing. This computer science course extends basic virtualization skills into the latest Windows Server 2016 capabilities.
Explore the capabilities of Nano Server as an alternative lightweight OS solution for implementing an agile and cost-effective data center host with a reduced footprint.
Learn to extend the support provided by virtualization for hosting a variety of VMs running different operating systems. And ensure that you can support a highly available virtual environment, using clustering and load balancing technologies.
In addition to having a highly available virtual environment, you need to secure the environment. Explore some of the newest enhancements in Windows Server 2016 to protect your virtualized environment.
This course will also show you how to implement different migration options for moving VMs between Hyper-V hosts.
Through videos, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments this self-paced course will help you identify and implement the latest Windows Server 2016 virtualization capabilities. Use this course to help you:
- Decide if a career in IT is for you.
- Prepare for an introductory job in Windows Server administration.
- Enhance your existing skills in virtualized environments, such as modern data center and cloud-based systems.
- Study for Microsoft certification tests and badges.
- How to implement Nano Server.
- How to configure Hyper-V to run VMs with Linux and FreeBSD operating systems.
- How to configure new virtual switch and virtual networking features.
- How shielded VMs and the Host Guardian fabric protect your virtualized environment.
- How to plan backup and recovery strategies for virtualized environments.
- How to reduce downtime with migration strategies like Quick Migration, Live Migration and Hyper-V Replica.
- Learners should have a: general understanding of virtualized environments, specifically Hyper-V.
- Good foundation in accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Microsoft's Committment
- Getting Started
Module 1 | Nano Server
- Nano Server Images and Virtual Machines
- Managing Nano Server
- Nano Server Hosts
- Module 01 Review Questions
Module 2 | Advanced Hyper-V Settings
- Hyper-V for Linux and FreeBSD Virtual Machines
- Hyper-V Switches and VLAN Settings
- Shielded VMs
- Module 02 Review Questions
Module 3 | Highly Available Virtual Environments
- Business Continuity
- High Availability in Virtualization
- Hyper-V Failover Clustering
- Disaster Recovery in Virtualization
- Module 3 Review Questions
Module 4 | Highly Available Hyper-V
- Additional Hyper-V Failover Clustering Options
- Quick Migration and Live Migration
- Storage Migration and Shared Nothing Migration
- Hyper-V Replica
- Module 4 Review Questions
- Final Exam (Graded)
- Post-Course Survey
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||24 Hours|
Why Choose QuickStart?
- Cognitive Learning Based Platform
- Manager Mode and Full Learning Dashboard
- Peer/Team Social Networking Experience
- Bulk Pricing and Team Discouns
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST
Chat Live With Us
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST