When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1188 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
If you enroll in this course without the Master Subscription plan, you receive a Free Official Exam Voucher for the 70-778 Exam. This course does not include Exam Voucher if enrolled within the Master Subscription, however, you can request to purchase the Official Exam Voucher separately.
About this course
The Data Science training course aims to provide an in depth understanding and knowledge of data analysis with Power BI. The elements of this course include crafting visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
The average salary for Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst with Microsoft Power BI skills is $60,297 per year.
This Data Science training course will make the student capable of:
Conducting the Power BI service.
Explaining how to carry out work with Power BI data.
Executing Power BI desktop data transformation.
Connecting directly to data stores.
Depicting Power BI desktop modelling.
Depicting the functionality the Power BI mobile app.
Designing a Power BI desktop visualization.
Explaining how to collaborate with Excel data.
Depicting the Power BI developer API.
This course is specifically designed for SQL Server report creators who are looking for different methods to present data.
Certain prerequisites are set for this Power BI data analysis course so students are better able to grasp information taught in this course:
Should be able to work with Microsoft Office applications – mainly Excel.
General know how of dealing with business finances to generate revenues and profits and preference is given for financial accounting.
Professional understanding of relational databases and reporting.
Basic information regarding data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
Some prior experience with basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
Suggested prerequisites courses
Developing Microsoft SQL Databases (MS-20762)
Provisioning Microsoft SQL Databases (MS-20765)
Microsoft Excel 2013 Introduction Level 1 (MS-Excel13-1)
Frequently Asked Questions
This training will help you in your Job’s current role by learning and getting hands on experience in the following areas:
- What is Business Intelligence Self Service and the trends which have been followed in the past, and how BI Self Service has evolved into Real Time Analytics.
- Getting in depth knowledge about Power BI suite of products and how you can use Power BI to support your business model and implement Business Intelligence Solutions.
- Learn how Power BI can be useful in connecting to various data sources, Importing the data and creating beautiful visualizations through it to make key-business decisions.
- Get your hands-on Shaping and Combining the data to make your reports more meaningful for data insights and future insights.
- Learn how to Model your data to support your business model.
- Explore various visualizations available in Power BI to create powerful reports from different data sources and present them during the meetings to make key-business decisions.
- You will also learn how you can easily connect to Azure Cloud Platform and get the data into Power BI Desktop and Publish the reports on Power BI Portal/Service or Power BI on Premise report server. Not only you will learn how to connect to Azure Cloud Platform but, also how you can connect to other cloud sources from SaaS providers(Oracle, Apache Hadoop etc.)
- You will learn how to write Rest API’s to create Power BI mobile app using three REST API’s supported by Power BI for Windows, IOS and Android Operating Systems.
- View the Dashboards, Reports, Friend’s comments on Power BI mobile app. Share Dashboard tiles with your colleagues and get live data on your mobile apps whenever its updated.
Q2. What is the exam criteria for the course?
Following is the exam criteria/format of this course:
- Consuming and Transforming Data By using Power BI Desktop: topics from this area which includes: Connecting to data sources, performing transformations and cleansing data will be integral part of the exam. Make sure you are well prepared on how to connect to various data sources from Power BI Desktop to Excel, SQL Azure, SSAS, Big Data and many other different data sources supported by Power BI. You should also be well versed with how to transform the data, apply business rules and change data format to support visualizations. Furthermore, It is important you are good at cleaning and formatting the data to meet business quality requirements.
- Modeling and Visualizing Data: Topics you will be evaluated in this part of the exam will be: Optimization of Data Models using Power Query, Creation of Calculated Columns, Measures and Tables, Measuring performance of KPI’s through gauge and cards. Creation of Hierarchies, Formatting of Interactive Visualizations and Management of custom reporting solutions.
- Configure Dashboards, Reports and app in Power BI Service: questions from this section will have approximately 25 to 30% weightage but, may vary as per Microsoft’s policy. In order to make sure you ace this section, Prepare yourself on the following topics: How to access On-Premises Data from Power BI Service, How to configure Dashboard on Power BI Service/Portal, How to publish reports on web which might include publishing it to SharePoint online, one drive for personal and business usage, Configuration of security for dashboards, reports and apps and how to configure apps and apps workspace in Power BI Service/Portal.
Q3. What is Power BI certification?
Microsoft Power BI is a suite of tools to analyze your data and extract business insights from it through building interactive dashboards. This Power BI Training course will help you get the most out of Power BI, enabling you to solve business problems and improve operations.
Q4. Once the Power BI Report is Published to the cloud, Can it be refreshed?
Yes, By using gateways the Power BI Reports can be refreshed after they are published to cloud.
Q5. How many types of filters are available in Power BI Reports?
Three types of filters are available in Power BI Reports, and they are:
- Report-level Filters
- Visual-level Filters
- Page-level Filters
Q6. What is the purpose of Power Query in Power BI?
Power Query is a mashup and data processing software which is mainly used to connect various data sources. The output that is generated by Power Query can either go to Power BI or Excel
Q5. What does rank function do?
RANK function calculates the regular competition rank and returns the identical values. In the second argument, you can ask for Ascending or Descending values accordingly.
Q6. What does MID function do?
MID function returns the string characters from the specified index position. On the string, it can be possible to extract the number of positions that we required to have.
Q7. What is a slicer in terms of Business Intelligence ?
It is a canvas visual channel which is utilized in Power BI work area where clients who are survey can section the report by utilizing esteems like geometric district ,it is one of the significant channel in representation.
Q8. What is the contrast among SUM and SUMX in DAX work?
Total capacity takes the sections of information and total it and will give the aggregate however sumX capacity gives you a chance to channel the information which you are including
Q9. What is Natural language search choice in Power BI? A characteristic language-based learning for communicate with information as a feature of the Power BI for Office 365 advertising. As you type your inquiry picks the best perception to show your answer; and the representation changes powerfully as you alter the inquiry. Likewise causes you group your inquiry with recommendations, auto-complete, and spelling amendments.
Q10. What are the various sources that you worked away at ?
Power BI bolsters huge scope of information sources. You can snap get information and it demonstrates to all of you the accessible information associations. It enables you to associate with various level files, SQL database, and Azure cloud or even web stages, for example, Facebook, Google Analytics, and Salesforce objects.
|Subjects||Big Data, Business Productivity|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|