Check Point Security Administration (R77 GAiA) (CCSA)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
During this course, you will configure a Security Policy and learn about managing and monitoring a secure network, upgrading and configuring a Security Gateway, and implementing a virtual private network.
- Students who need to support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades, will learn the skills necessary to work with Check Point Security Administration featuring R77 GAiA:
- Introduction to check point technology
- Deployment platforms
- Introduction to the security policy
- Monitoring traffic and connections
- Using SmartUpdate
- User management and authentication
- Identity awareness
- Introduction to Check Point VPNs
This course is recommended for Systems Administrators, Support Analysts, Security Engineers, Network Engineers and any other IT professional seeking CCSA certification.
Prior to taking this course, it is recommended that learners possess the following: General knowledge of TCP/IP Working knowledge of Windows, UNIX, network technology, and the Internet.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Describe Check Point's unified approach to network management and its key elements
- Design a distributed environment
- Install the Security Gateway in a distributed environment
- Perform a backup and restore the current Gateway installation from the command line
- Identify critical files needed to purge (or backup), import and export users and groups, and add (or delete) administrators from the command line
- Deploy Gateways using the Gaia web interface
- Create and configure network, host, and gateway objects
- Verify SIC establishment between the Security Management Server and the Gateway using SmartDashboard
- Create a basicRule Base in SmartDashboard that includes permissions for administrative users, external services, and LAN outbound use
- Configure NAT rules on Web and Gateway servers
- Evaluate existing policies and optimize the rules based on corporate requirements
- Maintain the Security Management Server with scheduled backups and policy versions to ensure seamless upgrades with minimal downtime
- Use Queries in SmartView Tracker to monitor IPS and common network traffic and troubleshoot events using packet data
- Use packet data to generate reports, troubleshoot system and security issues, and ensure network functionality
- Using SmartView Monitor, configure alerts and traffic counters, view a Gateway's status, monitor suspicious activity rules, analyze tunnel activity, and monitor remote user access
- Monitor remote gateways using SmartUpdate to evaluate the need for upgrades, new installations, and license modifications
- Use SmartUpdate to apply upgrade packages to single or multiple VPN-1Gateways
- Upgrade and attach product licenses using SmartUpdate
- Centrally manage users to ensure only authenticated users securely access the corporate network either locally or remotely
- Manage users to access the corporate LAN by using external databases
- Use Identity Awareness to provide granula- level access to network resources
- Acquire user information used by the Security Gateway to control access
- Define access roles for use in an Identity Awareness rule
- Implement Identity Awareness in the Firewall Rule Base
- Configure a pre-shared secret site-to-site VPN with partner sites
- Configure permanent tunnels for remote access to corporate resources
- Configure VPN tunnel sharing, given the difference between host-based, subunit-based, and gateway- based tunnels
Hands On Labs
Lab 1: Distributed Installations
Lab 2: Stand-alone Security Gateway Installations
Lab 3: Common Tools
Lab 4: Building a Security Policy
Lab 5: Configure the DMZ
Lab 6: Configure NAT
Lab 7: Monitor with SmartView Tracker
Lab 8: Client Authentication
Lab 9: Identity Awareness
Lab 10: Site-to-Site VPN between corporate and branch office
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's