Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Cloud computing potentially affects every aspect of an organization’s IT department. In this training course, you will evaluate and assess the business and technical benefits of cloud computing, gain the foundation to analyze cloud applications for use in your organization, and learn how cloud computing can provide efficient solutions to technical, business, and administrative challenges.
- Exploit the benefits of the different cloud service models: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Leverage services provided by the major public cloud providers
- Configure and provision resources on a private IaaS cloud
- Apply tips and best practices when adopting the cloud
- Working knowledge of Internet technologies, Microsoft Windows and Web applications Programming experience
- A background with cloud computing is not required
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Cloud Computing
Defining cloud computing
- Components of a computing cloud
- Differentiating types of clouds: public, private and hybrid
Delivering services from the cloud
- Categorizing service types
- Comparing vendor cloud products: Amazon, Google, Microsoft and others
Adopting the Cloud
Key drivers of cloud computing solutions
- Instantaneous provisioning of computing resources
- Tapping into an infinite storage capacity
- Cost-effective pay-as-you-use billing models
Evaluating barriers to cloud computing
- Handling sensitive data
- Aspects of cloud security
- Assessing governance solutions
Exploiting Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Streamlining administration with centralized installation
- Optimizing cost and performance with scale on demand
Comparing service scenarios
- Improving collaboration with business productivity tools
- Simplifying business process creation by integrating existing components
Inspecting SaaS technologies
- Deploying web applications
- Implementing web services: SOAP and REST
- Choosing a development platform
Delivering Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Exploring the technical foundation for PaaS
- Specifying the components of PaaS
- Analyzing vendor PaaS provisions
- Selecting an appropriate implementation
Building services with solution stacks
- Evaluating the architecture of vendor-specific platforms
- Becoming familiar with service platform tools
Managing cloud storage
- Controlling unstructured data in the cloud
- Deploying relational databases in the cloud
- Improving data availability
Employing support services
- Testing in the cloud
- Monitoring cloud-based services
- Analyzing portability across platforms
Deploying Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Scalable server clusters
- Achieving transparency with platform virtualization
- Elastic storage devices
- Provisioning servers on demand
- Handling dynamic and static IP addresses
- Tools and support for management and monitoring
Deploying a Private Cloud
- Leveraging an existing infrastructure
- Comparing OpenStack and Eucalyptus
- Managing resources across teams and departments
- Integrating with public clouds
Building a Business Case
Calculating the financial implications
- Comparing in-house facilities to the cloud
- Estimating economic factors downstream
Preserving business continuity
- Selecting appropriate service-level agreements
- Safeguarding access to assets in the cloud
- Security, availability and disaster recovery strategies
Migrating to the cloud
- Rearchitecting applications for the cloud
- Integrating the cloud with existing applications
- Selecting a vendor and avoiding vendor lock-in
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's