CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner CASP (CompTiaCASP)
- Learning Style
- Course Duration
Select A Class Schedule
- Identify enterprise security fundamentals.
- Apply enterprise security technology solutions.
- Identify enterprise resource technologies and the potential security implications for these resources.
- Design security solutions.
- Identify application security design issues such as best practices for development and testing as well as threat mitigation techniques.
- Manage risk, security policies, and security procedures within an enterprise.
- Integrate security solutions within an enterprise.
- Conduct security research and analysis.
This course is targeted toward an IT professional that has the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. Students aspiring to CASP certification should have a minimum of 10 years experience including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
- CompTIA® Security+® is strongly recommended.
- CompTIA® A+® Certification: A Comprehensive Approach for All 2009 Exam Objectives (Windows 7) and CompTIA® Network+® will also be helpful.
While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA intends the CASP certification to serve as an add-on to the CompTIA® Security+® certification, or equivalent technical experience.
Recommended courses (or the equivalent certifications):
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Topic 1A: The Basics of Enterprise Security
- Topic 1B: The Enterprise Structure
- Topic 1C: Enterprise Security Requirements
- Topic 2A: Common Network Security Components and Technologies
- Topic 2B: Communications and Collaboration Security
- Topic 2C: Cryptographic Tools and Techniques
- Topic 2D: Advanced Authentication
- Topic 3A: Enterprise Storage Security Issues
- Topic 3B: Distributed, Shared, and Virtualized Computing
- Topic 3C: Cloud Computing and Security
- Topic 4A: Network Security Design
- Topic 4B: Conduct a Security Assessment
- Topic 4C: Host Security
- Topic 5A: Application Security Basics
- Topic 5B: Web Application Security
- Topic 6A: Analyze Security Risk
- Topic 6B: Implement Risk Mitigation Strategies and Controls
- Topic 6C: Implement Enterprise-Level Security Policies and Procedures
- Topic 6D: Prepare for Incident Response and Recovery
- Topic 7A: The Technology Life Cycle
- Topic 7B: Inter-Organizational Change
- Topic 7C: Integrate Enterprise Disciplines to Achieve Secure Solutions
- Topic 8A: Perform an Industry Trends and Impact Analysis
- Topic 8B: Perform an Enterprise Security Analysis
Appendix B: CompTIA Acronyms
Appendix C: Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Appendix D: Managing Risk in Projects
Appendix E: Legal lssues
Appendix F: Judgment and Decision-Making
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|