CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner CASP+ (CompTiaCASP+)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $2,394.00 Regular Price $2,795.00
Now Only $2,394.00 Regular Price $2,795.00/ Seat
About this course:
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology as opposed to strictly managing.
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners - not managers - at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security.
- Identify enterprise security fundamentals.
- Apply enterprise security technology solutions.
- Identify enterprise resource technologies and the potential security implications for these resources.
- Design security solutions.
- Identify application security design issues such as best practices for development and testing as well as threat mitigation techniques.
- Manage risk, security policies, and security procedures within an enterprise.
- Integrate security solutions within an enterprise.
- Conduct security research and analysis.
This course is targeted toward an IT professional that has the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. Students aspiring to CASP+ certification should have a minimum of 10 years experience including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.
While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA intends the CASP+ certification to serve as an add-on to the CompTIA® Security+® certification, or equivalent technical experience.
Recommended courses (or the equivalent certifications):
- CompTIA® Security+® is strongly recommended.
- CompTIA® A+® Certification: A Comprehensive Approach for All 2009 Exam Objectives (Windows 7) and CompTIA® Network+® will also be helpful.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: The Enterprise Security Architecture
- Topic 1A: The Basics of Enterprise Security
- Topic 1B: The Enterprise Structure
- Topic 1C: Enterprise Security Requirements
Lesson 2: Enterprise Security Technology
- Topic 2A: Common Network Security Components and Technologies
- Topic 2B: Communications and Collaboration Security
- Topic 2C: Cryptographic Tools and Techniques
- Topic 2D: Advanced Authentication
Lesson 3: Enterprise Resource Technology
- Topic 3A: Enterprise Storage Security Issues
- Topic 3B: Distributed, Shared, and Virtualized Computing
- Topic 3C: Cloud Computing and Security
Lesson 4: Security Design and Solutions
- Topic 4A: Network Security Design
- Topic 4B: Conduct a Security Assessment
- Topic 4C: Host Security
Lesson 5: Application Security Design
- Topic 5A: Application Security Basics
- Topic 5B: Web Application Security
Lesson 6: Managing Risk, Security Policies, and Security Procedures
- Topic 6A: Analyze Security Risk
- Topic 6B: Implement Risk Mitigation Strategies and Controls
- Topic 6C: Implement Enterprise-Level Security Policies and Procedures
- Topic 6D: Prepare for Incident Response and Recovery
Lesson 7: Enterprise Security Integration
- Topic 7A: The Technology Life Cycle
- Topic 7B: Inter-Organizational Change
- Topic 7C: Integrate Enterprise Disciplines to Achieve Secure Solutions
Lesson 8: Security Research and Analysis
- Topic 8A: Perform an Industry Trends and Impact Analysis
- Topic 8B: Perform an Enterprise Security Analysis
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (Exam CAS-001) Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA Acronyms
Appendix C: Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Appendix D: Managing Risk in Projects
Appendix E: Legal lssues
Appendix F: Judgment and Decision-Making
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's