About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 899 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
This course is a serious guide to Java programming for everyone
About this course:
This course will use Java and an Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Never fear, we have a detailed video on how to get this downloaded and set up.Hundreds of lines of source code, and hundreds of lines of comments - just download and open in your IDE! This is a Java course for everyone. Whether you are a complete beginner (a liberal arts major, an accountant, doctor, lawyer) or an engineer with some programming experience but looking to learn Java - this course is right for you.The course is accessible because it assumes absolutely no programming knowledge, and quickly builds up using first principles aloneEven so, this is a serious Java programming class - the gradient is quite steep, and you will go from absolute beginner to an early intermediate level. The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
The average salary for a Java developer is $69,722 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Write Java programs of moderate complexity and sophistication (at an early to middling intermediate level).
- Manage concurrency and threading issues in a multi-threaded environment.
- Use Reflection, Annotations, Lambda functions and other modern Java language features.
- Understand the Model-View-Controller paradigm, the Observer and Command Design patterns that are at the heart of modern UI programming.
- Understand the nuances of Java specific constructs in serialisation, exception-handling, cloning, the immutability of strings, primitive and object reference types.
- Understand Object-Oriented programming concepts at the level where you can have intelligent design conversations with an experienced software engineer.
- Create and modify files (including Excel spreadsheets) and download content from the internet using Java.
- Build serious UI applications in Swing.
- Gain a superficial understanding of JavaFX and Properties and Bindings.
Folks with zero programming experience - liberal arts majors, doctors, accountants, lawyers. Engineering students from non-CS majors looking to learn fairly serious programming. Computer Science students or software engineers with no experience in Java, but experience in Python, C++ or even C#. You might need to skip over some bits, but in general the class will still have new learning to offer you.
No prior programming experience needed.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
|Technology||Microsoft, Programming Language|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||17 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Web development Instructor
Brian Hernandez has been in the development field for over a decade. Brain works extensively with Full Stack Web Development, MEAN Stack, MEMR (Mango, Express, MySQL, React) Stack and other Modern Web Frameworks.
Brian is a consultant, and his company is currently catering to clients to want to improve their online presence or build one from scratch. He has worked with high profile companies, helping them move them to digital, both for in-housework, and for having a digital presence for their external stakeholders.
Learn Subscription Includes:
Sign up for your FREE TRIAL, And Explore Hundreds Of Courses.