Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course is designed as an entry point for developers who need to create applications to analyze Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Spark. This course also prepares the students for the HDP Apache Spark Developer Certification exam.
- An overview of the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), including HDFS and YARN
- Using Spark Core APIs for interactive data exploration
- Spark SQL and DataFrame operations
- Spark Streaming and DStream operations
- Data visualization, reporting, and collaboration
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Building and deploying Spark applications
- Introduction to the Spark Machine Learning Library
The average salary for a Hadoop Developer is $110,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Hadoop, HDFS, YARN, and the HDP ecosystem
- Describe Spark use cases
- Explore and manipulate data using Zeppelin
- Explore and manipulate data using a Spark REPL
- Explain the purpose and function of RDDs
- Employ functional programming practices
- Perform Spark transformations and actions
- Work with Pair RDDs
- Perform Spark queries using Spark SQL and DataFrames
- Use Spark Streaming stateless and window transformations
- Visualize data, generate reports, and collaborate using Zeppelin
- Monitor Spark applications using Spark History Server
- Learn general application optimization guidelines/tips
- Use data caching to increase performance of applications
- Build and package Spark applications
- Deploy applications to the cluster using YARN
- Understand the purpose of Spark MLlib
Software engineers that are looking to develop in-memory applications for time sensitive and highly iterative applications in an Enterprise HDP environment.
Students should be familiar with programming principles and have previous experience in software development using either Python or Scala. Previous experience with data streaming, SQL, and HDP is also helpful, but not required.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- 50% Lecture/Discussion
- 50% Hands-on Labs
Hands-On Lab Activities
Labs can be performed using either Python or Scala
- Use common HDFS commands
- Use a REPL to program in Spark
- Use Zeppelin to program in Spark
- Perform RDD transformations and actions
- Perform Pair RDD transformations and actions
- Utilize Spark SQL
- Perform stateless transformations using Spark Streaming
- Perform window-based transformations
- Use Zeppelin for data visualization and reporting
- Monitor applications using Spark History Server
- Cache and persist data
- Configure checkpointing, broadcast variables, and executors
- Build and submit a Spark application to YARN
- Run Spark MLlib applications
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's