About Individual Course:
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
About this course:
ITIL® Foundation is the entry level certification, providing general awareness of the key elements, terminology and concepts of ITIL®. This course also covers the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
The IT Service Management Foundation is a course intended to introduce students to the essential concepts associated with the ITIL® and prepare students to take the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination. ITIL® is a set of books that provide comprehensive and interrelated codes of practice in achieving the efficient support and delivery of high quality, cost effective IT services. The ITIL® Foundation Certificate Examination tests the student for an essential level of understanding of ITIL® concepts. This course also prepares the students for the ITIL® Foundation Certification exam.
The average salary for a ITIL® Foundation certified is $75,000 per year.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Service management as a practice (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define the concept of a service, and to comprehend and explain the concept of service management as a practice.
- The ITIL® service lifecycle (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to understand the value of the ITIL® service lifecycle, how the processes integrate with each other, throughout the lifecycle. and explain the objectives, scope and business value for each phase in the lifecycle.
- Generic concepts and definitions (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define some of the key terminology and explain the key concepts of service management.
- Key principles and models (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to comprehend and account for the key principles and models of service management and to balance some of the opposing forces within service management.
- Selected processes (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how the service management processes contribute to the ITIL® service lifecycle, to explain the purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces for four of the core processes, and to state the purpose, objectives and scope for eighteen of the remaining processes.
- Selected roles (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to explain the role, objectives and organizational structures of the service desk function, and to state the role, objectives and overlap of three other functions.
- Selected functions (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to account for and to be aware of the responsibilities of some of the key roles in service management
- Technology and architecture (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how service automation assists with integrating service management processes.
- Competence and training (Awareness – not examinable)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand the levels of competence and skills for service management, the competence and skills framework and training requirements.
- 2 ITIL® Expert Credits
- 18 PDU Credits
The target group of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL® who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners. IT Professionals, IT Support Staff, Application, Project and Business Managers, any member of an IT team involved in the delivery of IT Services.
- There are basically no prerequisites for ITIL® Foundations. Actually, ITIL® Foundations certification is in itself a prerequisite for other level of ITIL® certifications. The primary reason for taking this certification is to have basic mandatory understanding of ITIL® terminologies and ITIL® as a whole. So, the basic prerequisite for this ITIL® Foundations certification is the understanding of ITIL® keywords and terminology. After gaining enough information and knowledge regarding the subject you have to give an examination and pass the examination for that matter.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Course Introduction
- Chapter 01: Course Introduction
- Chapter 02: Introduction to ITSM
- Chapter 03: Continual Service Improvement
- Chapter 04: Service Operation
- Chapter 05: Service Transition
- Chapter 06: Service Design
- Chapter 07: Service Strategy
- Course Conclusion
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||7 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt