About Individual Course:
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 830 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
ITIL® Foundation is the entry level certification, providing general awareness of the key elements, terminology and concepts of ITIL®. This course also covers the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices.
The IT Service Management Foundation is a course intended to introduce students to the essential concepts associated with the ITIL® and prepare students to take the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination. ITIL® is a set of books that provide comprehensive and interrelated codes of practice in achieving the efficient support and delivery of high quality, cost effective IT services. The ITIL® Foundation Certificate Examination tests the student for an essential level of understanding of ITIL® concepts. This course also prepares the students for the ITIL® Foundation Certification exam.
The average salary for a ITIL® Foundation certified is $75,000 per year.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Service management as a practice (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define the concept of a service, and to comprehend and explain the concept of service management as a practice.
- The ITIL® service lifecycle (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to understand the value of the ITIL® service lifecycle, how the processes integrate with each other, throughout the lifecycle. and explain the objectives, scope and business value for each phase in the lifecycle.
- Generic concepts and definitions (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define some of the key terminology and explain the key concepts of service management.
- Key principles and models (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to comprehend and account for the key principles and models of service management and to balance some of the opposing forces within service management.
- Selected processes (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how the service management processes contribute to the ITIL® service lifecycle, to explain the purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces for four of the core processes, and to state the purpose, objectives and scope for eighteen of the remaining processes.
- Selected roles (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to explain the role, objectives and organizational structures of the service desk function, and to state the role, objectives and overlap of three other functions.
- Selected functions (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to account for and to be aware of the responsibilities of some of the key roles in service management
- Technology and architecture (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how service automation assists with integrating service management processes.
- Competence and training (Awareness – not examinable)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand the levels of competence and skills for service management, the competence and skills framework and training requirements.
- 2 ITIL® Expert Credits
- 18 PDU Credits
The target group of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is drawn from:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL® who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement programme.
This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners. IT Professionals, IT Support Staff, Application, Project and Business Managers, any member of an IT team involved in the delivery of IT Services.
- There are basically no prerequisites for ITIL® Foundations. Actually, ITIL® Foundations certification is in itself a prerequisite for other level of ITIL® certifications. The primary reason for taking this certification is to have basic mandatory understanding of ITIL® terminologies and ITIL® as a whole. So, the basic prerequisite for this ITIL® Foundations certification is the understanding of ITIL® keywords and terminology. After gaining enough information and knowledge regarding the subject you have to give an examination and pass the examination for that matter.
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||7 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|