Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
Python is a powerful and flexible object-oriented scripting language that is designed for ease of use and enhanced productivity. In this training course, you gain the skills to achieve rapid development cycles, faster time-to-market, and lower cost of maintenance by developing applications using Python's language features, standard library modules, and third-party software packages.
The average salary for Python Developer is $92,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Rapidly develop feature-rich applications from Python's built-in statements, functions, and collection types
- Structure code with classes, modules, and packages that leverage OO features
- Create multiple data accessors to manage various data storage formats
- Develop dynamic, platform-independent GUIs and data-driven web applications.
This course is intended for:
- Experience with another procedural or object-oriented programming language, such as C, C++, Java, VB .NET, or Perl
- Familiarity with concepts, such as variables, loops, and branches with some experience using a text editor to edit program code
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Python
- Python language characteristics
- The Python execution model
Leveraging Python Built-in Types
Manipulating string and numeric literals
- Declaring and initializing variables
- Performing arithmetic calculations
- Making decisions and performing iterations
- Formatting and slicing strings
Aggregating related data
- Accessing positional information in lists
- Representing ordered data with tuples
- Consistently handling data collections with iterators
Organizing and Structuring Code
Defining and calling functions
- Positional, keyword and default arguments
- Implementing variable-length argument lists
- Iterating with generator functions
Grouping code into modules
- Importing and packages
- Referencing functions from modules by qualification
- Accessing the Standard Library
Implementing Classes and Objects
Declaring and modifying objects
- Encapsulating attributes and methods in classes
- Initializing objects with constructors
- Accessing and modifying attributes with methods
- Overloading operators
Inheritance and polymorphism
- Reusing functionality through inheritance
- Extending methods from base classes
- Overriding methods for dynamic behavior
- Tracing the scope in the namespace
- Enhancing functionality with class decorators
Manipulating the File System
- Reading and writing text and binary files
- Importing the OS module for directory management
Increasing program robustness through handling exceptions
- Maintaining program control with error handlers
- Detecting errors and raising exceptions
Interfacing with Relational Databases
- Creating a SQL database connection
- Instantiating cursors to access a database
Executing SQL statements within a Python program
- Retrieving desired data sets
- Updating the database with action statements
Constructing a GUI with Tkinter
Building the user interface
- Defining GUI classes with Frames
- Placing widgets and geometry managers
Listening for interface events
- Providing menu items
- Responding to mouse clicks
- Binding event handlers
Developing Web Applications
Analyzing the request processing pipeline
- Positioning the role of Python
- Mapping requests to Python scripts
Developing MVC with Python
- Integrating the model with a database
- Processing requests with Python controllers
Benefiting from the Django framework
- Improving productivity with code reduction
- Simplifying application development
- Accessing the database and producing HTML with Django templates
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's