About Individual Course:
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
About this course:
The Ruby: Fundamentals is a programming language course which provides hands on experience to the candidates on the fundamental components of the Ruby programming language. The course provides a lab intensive, hands-on programming environment, and helps the candidates to explore object-oriented aspects of Ruby and best practices for developing robust applications with Ruby.
This fundamental course provides a great learning experience for beginner programmers to understand the basics of Ruby programming language. The course enables the students to write a simple code in Ruby and develop the concepts that ultimately help in creating real-world applications using Ruby programming language.
- Learn the syntax of Ruby programming language
- Understand and implement arrays, hashes and regular expressions
- Learn IO and exceptions
- Understand modules
- Describe Common Gateway Interface (CGI)
- Develop and implement network programming
- Individuals experienced with other programming languages such as C++, Java and Perl
- Ruby on Rails developers
- QA engineers
- The course requires the students to have sound knowledge of working with Java.
- The students should be able to understand and demonstrate object oriented programming with Java 7 SE and Java 8.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Chapter 01 - Getting Started
- Topic A: History and Installation - Part 1
- History and Installation - Part 2
- History and Installation - Part 3
- Topic B: Conventions and Best Practices - Part 1
- Conventions and Best Practices - Part 2
- Conventions and Best Practices - Part 3
Chapter 02 - Classes and Methods
- Topic A: Classes - Part 1
- Classes - Part 2
- Classes - Part 3
- Topic B: Methods - Part 1
- Methods - Part 2
- Methods - Part 3
- Topic C: Object Oriented Programming - Part 1
- Object Oriented Programming - Part 2
- Object Oriented Programming - Part 3
Chapter 03 - Variables and Data Structures
- Topic A: Variables - Part 1
- Variables - Part 2
- Variables - Part 3
- Topic B: Arrays and Structs - Part 1
- Arrays and Structs - Part 2
- Arrays and Structs - Part 3
- Topic C: Hashes - Part 1
- Hashes - Part 2
- Hashes - Part 3
Chapter 04 - Loops and Enumerable Methods
- Topic A: Loops - Part 1
- Loops - Part 2
- Loops - Part 3
- Topic B: Map, Inject, and Permutation - Part 1
- Map, Inject, and Permutation - Part 2
- Map, Inject, and Permutation - Part 3
Chapter 05 - Finishing Touches
- Topic A: File Operations - Part 1
- File Operations - Part 2
- File Operations - Part 3
- Topic B: Input and Output - Part 1
- Input and Output - Part 2
- Input and Output - Part 3
- Topic C: RubyGems - Part 1
- RubyGems - Part 2
- RubyGems - Part 3
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||5 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt