Securing Cisco Wireless Enterprise Networks (CS-WISECURE)
About this course:
This course provides students with the guidelines for implementing Wi-Fi security architectures through proper configuration of Cisco wireless components. WISECURE provides students hands-on labs to reinforce concepts. Concepts taught include deploying Cisco AireOS 8.0, Prime Infrastructure release 2.2, and Identity Services Engine release 1.3 features. This course also helps the students in the preparation for Cisco: 300-375 WISECURE exam.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and design security strategies in a Wi-Fi design
- Design and deploy Cisco ISE and management platforms
- Secure a Wi-Fi infrastructure
- Design and deploy End Point and Client security
- Design and deploy Wi-Fi access control
- Design and deploy advanced monitoring capabilities
This course is intended for:
- Network engineers and technicians
- Test Engineers
- Network Designers, Administrators and Managers
- Mid-level Wireless Support Engineers
- Project Managers
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco Identity Services Engine
- Metageek Channelizer Software
- Voice Signaling Protocol
- Basic QoS
- Application Visibility and Control
- LAN switching
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1 Define Security Approaches in a Wi Fi Design
- Security Areas in a Wi-Fi Design
- Security Challenges for IT Organizations
- Security Approaches in Wi-Fi Designs
- Policy Enforcement
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Cisco ISE/ISE as a Policy Platform
- Network Access Challenges and Secure Access Control
- Network Monitoring
- Prime Infrastructure Converged Approach and Security Dashboard
- Cisco ISE Dashboard and ISE Alarms
Module 2 Design and Deploy Endpoint and Client Security
- Defining Endpoint, Client Standards and Features
- X.509 v3
- IEEE 802.1X
- EAP, EAP-TLS and PKI with EAP-TLS
- PEAP and PEAP Deployment
- Configure WPA and WPA2 in a Wi-Fi Environment
- Security Mobility and Roaming
Module 3 Design and Deploy Cisco ISE and Management Platforms
- Cisco Network Security Architecture
- User Access Trends
- Cisco ISE Architecture, Components and Licensing
- End Device Analysis with Cisco ISE Profiling
- Create Policies in Cisco ISE
- Configure Guest Access
- Cisco CMX Visitor Connect
- Secure BYOD/BYOD Management and Monitoring
- Cisco ISE and ISE GUI
Module 4 Secure Wi Fi Infrastructure
- Current Standards and Features
- Client and Infrastructure Mode and MFP
- MFP vs IEEE802.11w
- VLANs vs ACLs
- MFP Configuration
- IEEE 802.11w PMF
- Identity-Based Networking
- SMNPv3 in Wi-Fi environment
Module 5 Design and Deploy Wi Fi Access Control
- Wi-Fi access control standards and features
- ACLs and Firewall Functionality
- Configure ACLs in Wi-Fi environment
Module 6 Design and Deploy Monitoring Capabilities
- Threat and Interference Mitigation Approaches in Wi-Fi
- Primary Security Concerns
- Rogue Detection and Mitigation in Wi-Fi Environment
- Management, Monitoring and Configuring Parameters
- Cisco CleanAir
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Air Quality Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitoring RRM
- Configuring WPA2 Access
- Configuring 802.1X Access
- Configuring RADIUS Integration
- Configuring a Basic Access Policy
- Configuring Hotspot Guest Access
- CWA and Self-Registered Guest Operations
- Configuring Secure Administrative Access
- Configuring a Basic Authentication Policy for an AP
- Implementing Profiling
- Profiling and Device Onboarding
- Cisco ISE Profiling Reports
- Guest Reports
- Live Logs and Client 360 View
- Security Report Operations
- Using System Security Verification Tools
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||Information Security, IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3.5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Based on the information taught in this course, you may be interested in the following related courses:
Prior to taking this course, you may want to look into the following prerequisite courses: