Tableau Desktop Fundamentals (TTDTABDF2)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Tableau Desktop Fundamentals is a two-day, hands-on course designed for users new to Tableau, who handle and work with data, regardless of their technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help students gain and understanding of the key features and uses of the Tableau toolset in order to move from simple to complex visualizations, and then how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
NOTE: The Tableau Training Series is independent-format training that can be tuned and adjusted to best meet your needs. Our materials are flexible, comprehensive, and are always instructed by a senior instructor with a deep understanding of Tableau and its most current features, benefits and functionality in a wide array of uses. This is not Official Tableau Training.
The average salary of a Tableau Developer $104,672 per year.
Working within an engaging, hands-on learning environment led by our Tableau expert practitioner, attendees will learn to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross Tabs
- Geographic Maps
- Heat Maps
- Distribution Charts
- Tree Maps
- Pie Charts and Bar Charts
- Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types
- Box Plots
- Highlight Tables
- Scatter Plots
- Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.
- Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
Course Topics Quick View: This is the high-level list of the high-level topics address by this course. Please see the detailed Course Agenda or Training Plan below.
- Tableau Overview / Quick Refresh, Optional)
- Why Tableau? Why Visualization?
- Filtering, Sorting & Grouping
- Working with Data
- Working with Calculated Data and Statistics
- Advanced Mapping
- Distance Calculations
- This is an introductory-level Tableau course geared for attendees new to using the tool, or for those who want a refresher of the basics or newer features. Ideal attendees would be beginner Tableau users who want to quickly get up to speed with intermediate level Tableau features and functions.
Individuals working with data-regardless of technical or analytical background are a fit for this course.
|Subjects||Big Data, Business Productivity|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|