Building Java / JEE Web Applications with Servlets, JDBC, JNDI and More (TT5100)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Mastering JEE 7 Web Application Development is a five-day hands-on JEE / Java EE training course geared for experienced Java developers new to JEE, who need to get up and running with essential dynamic web development skills. Created in collaboration with several leading JEE / Java EE s authors and industry experts, this comprehensive course teaches students how to design and program web components, including all the important concepts and hands on labs that will have you building working server-side applications in no time flat. This course provides core JEE knowledge and skills that can be used as the foundation for developing production-quality web applications to a basic level.
Servlets are a key server-side Java technology for building web applications. Servlets are programs that run on a web server; they can respond to client requests and create dynamic content. Servlets allow flexible generation of dynamic content. Additional technologies allow one to separate static from dynamic content while harnessing the power of servlets. Enhancements in JEE simplify web application develop, supporting the use of annotations, context dependency injection (CDI), and a Common Expression Language (for use with both JSPs and JSF).
The average salary of a Java Developer is $90,992 per year.
Students who attend Mastering JEE 7 Web Application Development will leave the course armed with the required skills to design and build scalable, secure, maintainable web applications - leveraging our extensive experience in the delivery of scalable enterprise applications with complex web interfaces based on JEE technologies.
Throughout this training, you will be confronted with common web application design problems and given the tools you will need to solve them, such as JEE design patterns. You will also be exposed to a range of JEE and web technologies such as Servlets, JSPs, JSF, JNDI, CDI and advice on when and how to use them. Students will also learn about the capabilities of servlets, their advantages, servlet architecture, and session management. Developers will also learn about managing resources, deployment, and application models, how to use custom tags, and how to build robust and capable web applications using servlets and other components.
The course begins with a discussion of web application architecture. A major part of the course is spent on the various web components that are used to implement dynamic web applications. Students will learn not only specific topics and APIs but also how to fit the pieces together into a complete application.
Course topics covered include the following areas.
- JEE Application Architecture
- Java Server Pages (JSP), EL, and JSTL
- JavaServer Faces (JSF)
- Context Dependency Injection and JNDI
- JPA (Java Persistence API)
- Java Bean Validation
Working within in an engaging, hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn to:
- Design and build web applications from both business and technical requirements
- Build web interfaces with JSF, JSPs and Servlets, using the latest technologies in JEE.
- Write maintainable web applications that separate HTML and Java
- Understand the design and development of web applications using Servlets, JSPs, web fragments, and JSF
- Work JEE’s version of dependency injection (CDI)
- Make Servlets cooperate and share data
- Store and process session information
- Deal with concurrency issues
- Access databases with JPA
- Work with annotations included in JEE
- Work with WebSockets as well as asynchronous servlets
- Use Java Bean validation in a web application
- Properly handle various types of exceptions
This is an intermediate level programming course, designed for experienced Java developers who wish to get up and running with JEE, or who need to reinforce sound Java for Web coding practices.
Attendees should have a working knowledge of developing basic Java software applications.
|Technology||Microsoft, Programming Language|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|