Certified Healthcare IS Security Practitioner Certification Course (C)HISSP)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The vendor-neutral Certified Healthcare Information Systems Security Practitioner certification course covers the skills and knowledge to implement the best IT Healthcare Practices, as well as, regulatory compliance and standards in the healthcare industry. The CHISSPs have become vital in managing and protecting healthcare data and are tasked to protect patient information by implementing, managing, and assessing proper IT controls for patient health information integrity. The Certified Healthcare IS Security Practitioner exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”)
The average salary for Healthcare IS Security Practitioner is $27,510 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Intro to Healthcare Industry
- Frameworks and Regulatory Environment
- Healthcare Privacy & Security Policies
- Information Governance & Risk Assessment
- Information Risk Assessment
- Third-Party Risk Management
This course is intended for:
- Information System Security Officers
- Privacy Officers
- Risk Managers
- Information Security Managers
- Information Systems Owners
- Compliance & Privacy Officers
- A minimum of 1 year of Healthcare Information Systems
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Intro to the Healthcare Industry
- Healthcare Environment
- Third-Party Relationships
- Health Data Management Concepts
Module 2: Regulatory Environment
- Applicable Regulations
- International Regulations and Controls
- Internal Practices Compared to New Policies and Procedures
- Compliance Frameworks
- Risk-Based Decisions
- Code of Conduct/Ethics
Module 3: Healthcare Privacy & Security Policies
- Security Objectives/Attributes
- Security Definitions/Concepts
- Privacy Principles
- Disparate Nature of Sensitive Data and Handling Implications
Module 4: Information Governance & Risk Management
- How organizations manage information risk through security and privacy governance, risk management lifecycles, and principle risk activities
- Security and Privacy Governance
- Risk Management Methodology
- Information Risk Management Life Cycles
- Risk Management Activities
Module 5: Information Governance & Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment
- Procedures from within Organization Risk Frameworks
- Risk Assessment Consistent with Role in Organization
- Efforts to Remediate Gaps
Module 6: Third-Party Risk Management
- Definition of Third-Parties in Healthcare Context
- Third-Party Management Standards and Practices
- Third-Party Assessments and Audits
- Security/Privacy Events
- Third-Party Connectivity
- Third-Party Requirements Remediation Efforts
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's