Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The Certified Penetration Testing Engineer presents information based on the 5 Key Elements of Pen Testing; Information Gathering, Scanning, Enumeration, Exploitation, and Reporting. The latest vulnerabilities will be discovered using these tried and true techniques. This course also enhances the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls to reduce risk associated with working with the internet. The student will be using the latest tools, such as Saint, Metasploit through Kali Linux and Microsoft PowerShell. Mile2 goes far beyond simply teaching you to “Hack”. The C)PTE was developed around principles and behaviors used to combat malicious hackers and focuses on professional penetration testing rather than “ethical hacking”. Besides utilizing ethical hacking methodologies, the student should be prepared to learn penetration testing methodologies using advanced persistent threat techniques. In this course, you will go through a complete penetration test from A-Z! You’ll learn to create your own assessment report and apply your knowledge immediately in the workforce. With this in mind, the CPTE certification course is a complete upgrade to the EC-Council CEH! The C)PTE exam is taken anytime/anywhere online through mile2’s MACS system, making the exam experience easy and mobile. The student does not need to take the C)PTE course to attempt the C)PTE exam.
The average salary for Certified Penetration Testing Engineer is $71,660 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Have knowledge to perform penetration test
- Have knowledge to accurately report on their findings from examinations
- Be ready to sit for the CPTE Exam
This course is intended for:
- Pen Testers
- Ethical Hackers
- Network Auditors
- Cyber Security professionals
- Vulnerability Assessors
- Cyber Security Managers
- IS Managers
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in networking technologies
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Network+, Microsoft, Security+
- Basic Knowledge of Linux is essential
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 0 - Course Overview
- Module 1 – Business & Technical Logistics of Pen Testing
- Module 2 - Linux Fundamentals
- Module 3 - Information Gathering
- Module 4 - Detecting Live Systems
- Module 5 - Enumeration
- Module 6 - Vulnerability Assessments
- Module 7 - Malware Goes Undercover
- Module 8 - Windows hacking
- Module 9 - Hacking UNIX/Linux
- Module 10 - Advanced Exploitation Techniques
- Module 11 - Pen Testing Wireless Networks
- Module 12 - Networks, Sniffing, and IDS
- Module 13 - Injecting the Database
- Module 14 - Attacking Web Technologies
- Module 15 - Project Documentation
- Module 16 - Securing Windows s/ Powershell
- Module 17 - Pen Testing w/Powershell
- Lab 1 - Introduction to Pen Testing Setup
- Lab 2 - Linux Fundamentals
- Lab 3 - Using Tools For Reporting
- Lab 4 - Information Gathering
- Lab 5 - Detecting Live Systems
- Lab 6 - Enumeration
- Lab 7 - Vulnerability Assessments
- Lab 8 - Software Goes Undercover
- Lab 9 - System Hacking - Windows
- Lab 10 - System Hacking – Linux/Unix Hacking
- Lab 11 - Advanced Vulnerability and
- Lab 12 - Network Sniffing/IDS
- Lab 13 - Attacking Databases
- Lab 14 - Attacking Web Applications
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt