Introducing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode (CS-DCINX9K) 1.0
About this course:
In this course, you will learn about the first deployment option, known as Standalone Mode. This mode offers significant extensions to NX-OS in the area of programmability, including:
- A RESTful API, Python scripting, Linux BASH access, and direct ASIC-level access for traffic flow monitoring
- Support for open-systems automation and orchestration DevOps platforms, including Puppet, Chef, and Cisco's own onePK
- Support for software-defined networking (SDN) and emerging overlay network technologies, including VXLAN, OpenFlow, and the OpenDaylight Controller
Through lecture and hands-on labs, you'll learn about the hardware architecture of the Nexus 9000 and the new programmability features and interfaces that have been added to NX-OS. We highly recommend that you have prior knowledge of NX-OS and the Nexus 5000, 6000, or 7000 platforms.
The average salary for Cisco Systems IT Engineer is $118,045 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- How the Nexus 9000 platform addresses current trends in data center architecture and management
- Nexus 9000 platform components
- Nexus 9000 hardware architecture, including line card architecture and packet forwarding
- The new NX-OS features available on the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Operation and configuration details of VXLAN
- Programmability, automation, and monitoring options available on the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Design possibilities with the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
This course is intended for:
- System engineers
- Network engineers
- Data center architects who design, implement, and manage data center networks using the Cisco Nexus 9000.
- Experience with Cisco NX-OS Understanding of Cisco Data Center network architecture Knowledge of the Nexus 5000, 6000, or 7000 platforms is highly recommended.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Data Center Trends
- Nexus 9000 Overview
- NX-OS Enhancements
Module 2: Hardware Overview
- Nexus 9500 Chassis
- Line Card Modules
- Fabric Modules
- Power Supplies
- System Controllers
- Nexus 9300 Switches
- FEX Support
- 40G and 100GE Networking
- Supported Optics
Module 3: Hardware Architecture
- 9500 Architecture
- Line Card Architecture
- 9300 Architecture
- Packet Forwarding
Module 4: Nexus 9000 NX-OS Enhancements
- Nexus 9000 NX-OS Feature Overview
- High Availability
Module 5: VXLAN
- Overlay Networks
- VXLAN Overview
- VXLAN Control Plane
- VXLAN Forwarding Plane
- Configuring VXLAN
Module 6: Programmability and Automation
- Programming Features
- Automation Features
- Visibility and Monitoring Features
Module 7: Nexus 9000 Topology Designs
- Traditional Data Center
- Topologies Spine and Leaf Topologies
- Overlay Topologies
- Lab 1: Nexus 9000 Initial Configuration
- Lab 2: Configuring VXLAN
- Lab 3: Using NX-OS API
- Lab 4: Python Scripting
- Lab 5: XMPP Management
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt