Introducing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode (CS-DCINX9K) 1.0
About Individual Course:
About this course:
In this course, you will learn about the first deployment option, known as Standalone Mode. This mode offers significant extensions to NX-OS in the area of programmability, including:
- A RESTful API, Python scripting, Linux BASH access, and direct ASIC-level access for traffic flow monitoring
- Support for open-systems automation and orchestration DevOps platforms, including Puppet, Chef, and Cisco's own onePK
- Support for software-defined networking (SDN) and emerging overlay network technologies, including VXLAN, OpenFlow, and the OpenDaylight Controller
Through lecture and hands-on labs, you'll learn about the hardware architecture of the Nexus 9000 and the new programmability features and interfaces that have been added to NX-OS. We highly recommend that you have prior knowledge of NX-OS and the Nexus 5000, 6000, or 7000 platforms.
The average salary for Cisco Systems IT Engineer is $118,045 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- How the Nexus 9000 platform addresses current trends in data center architecture and management
- Nexus 9000 platform components
- Nexus 9000 hardware architecture, including line card architecture and packet forwarding
- The new NX-OS features available on the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Operation and configuration details of VXLAN
- Programmability, automation, and monitoring options available on the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Design possibilities with the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
This course is intended for:
- System engineers
- Network engineers
- Data center architects who design, implement, and manage data center networks using the Cisco Nexus 9000.
- Experience with Cisco NX-OS Understanding of Cisco Data Center network architecture Knowledge of the Nexus 5000, 6000, or 7000 platforms is highly recommended.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|