Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm CST
From 0 to 1: The Cassandra Distributed Database
Need Training 5 or more people?
Customized to your team's need:
- Annual Subscriptions
- Private Training
- Flexible Pricing
- Enterprise LMS
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
About this course:
Has your data gotten huge, unwieldy and hard to manage with a traditional database? Is your data unstructured with an expanding list of attributes? Do you want to ensure your data is always available even with server crashes? Look beyond Hadoop - the Cassandra distributed database is the solution to your problems. This course helps your set up a cluster with multiple nodes to distribute data across machines. Cassandra is a columnar store. There are no empty cells or space wasted when you store data with variable and expanding attributes. Cassandra uses partitioning and replication to ensure that your data is available even when nodes in a cluster go down.
The average salary for Database Engineer is $86,509 per year.
After completing this course, students will have a working understanding of:
- Introduction: Cassandra as a distributed, decentralized, columnar store
- The Cassandra Cluster Manager
- The Cassandra Data Model
- Shell Commands
- Keys And Indexes: Primary Keys, Partition Keys, Clustering Key, Secondary Indexe
- Storage Systems
This course is intended for:
- Engineers and analysts who understand traditional, relational databases and want to move to big data storage systems
- Students who are just starting out understanding databases and have no prior experience with one
- The basics of SQL and traditional relational databases
- The basics of Java in order to use the Cassandra Java library