Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
Principles of Project Management presents the proven techniques of project management. Our practical framework makes project management easy to understand and apply to today’s project-driven workplace.
You'll learn specific techniques such as Work Breakdown Structure and Resource Leveling and you'll have opportunities to practice each technique. We emphasize how to perform the technique and explain why using these techniques make you a better leader. It’s the knowledge every project manager needs to succeed.
As project management applies to all industries, the material presented is relevant to every practitioner. Training in project management techniques is placed in the context of your projects in your industry. In addition, real world project challenges presented in class offer hands-on opportunities for participants to identify specific project management tools to help solve each problem.
While this is not a traditional leadership course, it acknowledges that project managers are in leadership roles, and accordingly emphasizes the leadership aspect of each technique. By teaching participants how the project management tool set enables them to satisfy all their stakeholders – sponsors, management, customers and the project team – this course allows the project manager to achieve success on many levels.
The average salary for a Project Manager is $80,854 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand how project management can increase productivity, improve communication and cut development costs.
- Understand how to consitently achieve the Five Project Success Factors using the discipline of project management.
- Systematically apply the proven techniques of project management to define, plan and control a project.
- Create a project plan using standard project management techniques.
- Use the project plan to manage the team, customers, management and project sponsors.
- Understand the relationship between the science of project management and the art of leadership.
Anyone associated with projects benefits from understanding the tools of project management. Project managers and team leaders, managers with multiple projects, and team members with special assignments will get the greatest benefit from this practical project management training.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
1. Why Project Management?
- Success Factors
- What is Project Management?
- Project Life Cycle
2. Project Definition
- Identify the Project Stakeholders
- Project Communication
- Statement of Work
- Project Charter
3. Project Planning
- The Purpose of Planning
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Network Diagrams
- Work Package Estimates
- Scheduling and Gantt Charts
- Resource Leveling
- Project Management Software
- Accurate Estimating
4. Project Control
- Project Kickoff
- Project Close Out
- Corrective Action
5. Project Leadership
- Project Manager Skills
- Art Based on Science
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's