Virtual Instructor-LedLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
5 DaysSATV Value
Select A Class Schedule
| Master Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
Now Only $1,995.00 Regular Price $2,995.00/ Each
The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principals and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
This course uses Visual Studio 2012, running on Windows 8.
- Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
- Students choosing to attend this course without a developer background should pay special attention to the training prerequisites. Developers who have more than 5 years programming experience may find that portions of this training are fundamental in nature when presenting the syntax associated with certain programming tasks.
- Understand the basic HTML document structure:
- Use HTML tags to display text content.
- Use HTML tags to display graphics.
- Use HTML APIs.
- Understand how to style common HTML elements using CSS, including:
- Separating presentation from content.
- Managing content flow.
- Managing positioning of individual elements.
- Managing content overflow.
- Basic CSS styling.
Before attending this course, students must have at least three months professional development experience.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have a combination of practical and conceptual knowledge related to HTML5 programming. This includes the following prerequisites:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
This module provides an overview of HTML and CSS, and describes how to use Visual Studio 2012 to build a Web application.
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
- Walkthrough of the Contoso Conference Application
- Examining and Modifying the Contoso Conference Application
- Describe basic HTML elements and attributes.
- Explain the structure of CSS.
- Describe the tools available in Visual Studio 2012 for building Web applications.
This module describes the new features of HTML5, and explains how to create and style HTML5 pages.
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Creating HTML5 Pages
- Styling HTML5 Pages
- Create static pages using the new features available in HTML5.
- Use CSS3 to apply basic styling to the elements in an HTML5 page.
- Introduction to jQuery
- Displaying Data Programmatically
- Handling Events
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
- Creating a Form and Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
- Create forms that use the new HTML5 input types.
- Validate user input and provide feedback by using the new HTML5 attributes.
This module describes how to send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using an XMLHTTPRequest object and by performing jQuery AJAX operations.
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
- Retrieving Data
- Serializing and Transmitting Data
- Refactoring the Code by Using jQuery ajax method
- Serialize, deserialize, send, and receive data by using XMLHTTPRequest objects.
- Simplify code that serializes, deserializes, sends, and receives data by using the jQuery ajax method.
This module describes how to style HTML5 pages and elements by using the new features available in CSS3.
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Styling the Navigation Bar
- Styling the Page Header
- Styling the About Page
- Style text elements on an HTML5 page by using CSS3.
- Apply styling to block elements by using CSS3.
- Use CSS3 selectors to specify the elements to be styled in a Web application.
- Implement graphical effects and transformations by using the new CSS3 properties.
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
- Inheriting From Objects
- Refactoring Code to Use Objects
- Describe how to extend custom and native objects to add functionality.
This module describes how to use some common HTML5 APIs to add interactive features to a Web application. This module also explains how to debug and profile a Web application.
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
- Incorporating Video
- Incorporating Images
- Using the Geolocation API
- Use the Drag and Drop, and the File APIs to interact with files in a Web application.
- Incorporate audio and video into a Web application.
- Detect the location of the user running a Web application by using the Geolocation API.
- Explain how to debug and profile a Web application by using the Web Timing API and the Internet Explorer Developer Tools.
This module describes how to add offline support to a Web application, to enable the application to continue functioning in a user's browser even if the browser is disconnected from the network.
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
- Implementing the Application Cache
- Implementing Local Storage
- Save and retrieve data locally on the user's computer by using the Local Storage API.
- Provide offline support for a Web application by using the Application Cache API.
This module describes how to create HTML5 pages that can dynamically detect and adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
- Creating a Print-Friendly Stylesheet
- Adapting Page Layout To Fit a Different Form Factor
- Describe the need to detect device capabilities and react to different form factors in a Web application.
- Create a Web page that can dynamically adapt its layout to match different form factors.
This module describes how to create advanced graphics for an HTML5 Web application by using a Canvas element, and by using Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
- Creating an Interactive Venue Map by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Creating a Speaker Badge by Using a Canvas Element
- Use Scalable Vector Graphics to add interactive graphics to an application.
This module describes how to enhance the user experience in an HTML5 Web application by adding animations.
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
- Applying Transitions to User Interface Elements
- Applying Key-Frame Animations
- Describe the different types of 2D and 3D transitions available with CSS3
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|SATV Value||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST
Chat Live With Us
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST