70-742: Identity in Windows Server 2016
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
19 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $149.00
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $149.00/ Seat
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,499.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
Here is a little insight on Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, previously referred to as Windows Server vNext, is a server operating system (OS). The server operating system is specifically developed to serve as a platform for running networked applications. This intermediate level course teaches IT professionals how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory–related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches students how to deploy other Active Directory server roles, such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS). The actual purpose of this course is to prepare the students for Microsoft 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016 certification exam.
The average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $55,929 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
This course is intended for:
Existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Chapter 01 - Installing and Configuring Domain Controllers
Chapter 02 - Managing Active Directory Objects
Chapter 03 - Securing Active Directory Domain Services
Chapter 04 - Working with Complex AD DS Infrastructures
Chapter 05 - Implementing Group Policy
Chapter 06 - Understanding Microsoft Azure AD and Directory Synchronization
Chapter 07 - Monitoring and Recovering AD DS
Chapter 08 - Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
Chapter 09 - Implementing Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
Chapter 10 - Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||19 Hours|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's