70-742: Identity in Windows Server 2016
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
19 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $149.00
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $149.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course:
Here is a little insight on Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Windows Server 2016, previously referred to as Windows Server vNext, is a server operating system (OS). The server operating system is specifically developed to serve as a platform for running networked applications. This intermediate level course teaches IT professionals how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory–related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches students how to deploy other Active Directory server roles, such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS). The actual purpose of this course is to prepare the students for Microsoft 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016 certification exam.
The average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $55,929 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
This course is intended for:
Existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Chapter 01 - Installing and Configuring Domain Controllers
Chapter 02 - Managing Active Directory Objects
Chapter 03 - Securing Active Directory Domain Services
Chapter 04 - Working with Complex AD DS Infrastructures
Chapter 05 - Implementing Group Policy
Chapter 06 - Understanding Microsoft Azure AD and Directory Synchronization
Chapter 07 - Monitoring and Recovering AD DS
Chapter 08 - Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
Chapter 09 - Implementing Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
Chapter 10 - Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||19 Hours|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's