Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
2 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $29.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $29.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course:
In this online training series for Access 2013, you will learn how to use the results-oriented user interface that's context-sensitive and optimized for efficiency and flexibility. You will discover how to create a database, work with tables, and develop queries. You'll also learn how to create a form for entering data and running reports.
Microsoft Access goes a step further than Excel, and is useful for tracking, reporting, and working with data, reports, and calculations. Because Access does not require programming, ordinary business professionals use it to develop robust databases, instead of hiring an expensive developer. Access provides a powerful set of tools which are sophisticated enough for professional data managers, yet simple enough for new users to learn.
- Getting Started with Access
- Working with Table Data
- Querying a Database
- Designing Forms
- Generating Reports
- Designing a Relational Database
- Creating Advanced Queries
- Sharing Data Across Applications
This course is designed for students who wish to establish a foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Access 2013, including the skills necessary to create a new database, construct data tables, design forms and reports, and create queries.
To ensure success, students should be familiar with using personal computers, and should have experience using a keyboard and mouse. Students should be comfortable in the Windows environment, and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: launching and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- What you will learn in this training
- Beginning from a template
- Working with Access objects: Tables
- Working with Access objects: Forms
- Working with Access objects: Reports
- Working with Access objects: Queries
- Working with, using, and minimizing the ribbon
- Customizing the ribbon
- Resetting ribbon customizations
- Using the Quick Access toolbar
- Customizing the Quick Access toolbar
- Resetting the Quick Access toolbar
- Using Backstage view
- Using the navigation pane and shutter bar
- Finding help in Access
- Searching for a topic in Access help
- Creating a PDF
Understanding Content Security
- Enabling a database that is not trusted
- Viewing and understanding the Trust Center
- Defining trusted locations
Creating a Database
- Creating a new database based on an existing database
- Creating a database from a template
- Finding database templates online
- Beginning a new database from scratch
Creating a Table: The First Steps
- Creating a table in Design View
- Creating a table by entering data
- Creating a table by using a template
- Assigning a Primary Key
- Assigning multiple Primary Keys
- Inserting additional fields
- Deleting existing fields
- Navigating through a table
- Adding, editing, and deleting records in a table
Working with a Table
- Finding data in a table
- Replacing data in a table
- Entering data using AutoCorrect
- Adding to the AutoCorrect collection
- Using spell check
- Hiding and unhiding columns
- Freezing and unfreezing columns
- Renaming a field
- Copying a field
- Changing row height and column width
- Filtering records in a table
- Filtering records by form
Creating a Form
- Creating a simple form
- Working in layout view
- Creating a form using the Form Wizard
- Creating a form from scratch
- Adding a field to a form
- Working in design view
- Using a form for adding, modifying, or deleting records
- Displaying a form and its data simultaneously
Working with Queries
- Creating a detail query
- Creating a summary query
- Creating a query in Design view
- Creating a multiple-table query
- Adding criteria to a query
- Using logical operators in queries
- Sorting query results
- Finding the top values in a query
Working with Reports
- Creating a report using the Report Wizard
- Creating a one-click report
- Creating a report in Design view
- Creating a report in Layout view
- Adding a page header and footer
- Adding a report header and footer
- Getting started with Access 2013
- Access 2013 Basics
- Understanding content security
- Creating a database
- Creating a table
- Working with a table
- Creating a form
- Working with queries
- Working with reports
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's