Active Directory Services with Windows Server - MOC On Demand (MS-10969)
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
2 DaysSATV Value
Select A Class Schedule
| Master Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
Now Only $550.00 Regular Price $1,195.00/ Each
Get Hands on instruction and practice administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this course. You will learn the skills you need to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Work Folders, Work Place Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services (RMS), Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment.
- AD DS Administrators who are looking to further develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are lookig to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course and are looking to build upon that Active directory knowledge.
At course completion
- Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
- Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
- Secure AD DS deployment.
- Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage Group Policy
- Manage user settings with Group Policy
- Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
- Implement, deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and manage AD RMS.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
- Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
- Introduction to Access and Information Protection Solutions in Business
- Overview of AIP Solutions in Windows Server 2012
- Overview of FIM 2010 R2
- Describe Access and Information Protection solutions in business.
- Describe Access and Information Protection solutions in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Describe Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 R2.
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying and Cloning Virtual Domain Controllers
- Deploying Domain Controllers in Windows Azure
- Administering AD DS
- Describe and perform various deployment techniques for AD DS.
- Describe virtual domain controller deployment considerations.
- Explain how new technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 support virtual domain controllers.
- Describe Domain Controller cloning.
- Implement AD DS using the tools provided in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Securing Domain Controllers
- Implementing Account Security
- Implementing Audit Authentication
- Understand the importance of securing domain controllers.
- Describe the benefit of read-only domain controllers (RODCs).
- Explain and implement password and account lockout policies.
- Implement audit authentication.
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
- Describe AD DS replication.
- Configure AD DS sites.
- Configure and monitor AD DS replication.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and Administering GPOs
- Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
- Describe Group Policy.
- Implement and administer GPOs.
- Describe Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing.
- Troubleshoot the application of GPOs.
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
- Implement Administrative Templates.
- Configure Folder Redirection and scripts.
- Configure Group Policy preferences.
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting, Maintaining, and Monitoring CAs
- Deploy Certificate Authorities.
- Administer Certificate Authorities.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and monitor Certificate Authorities.
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Managing Certificates Deployment, Revocation, and Recovery
- Implementing and Managing Smart Cards
- Use certificates in business environments.
- Deploy and manage certificate templates.
- Manage certificates deployment, revocation and recovery.
- Implement and manage smart cards.
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
- Describe AD RMS.
- Explain how to deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure.
- Explain how to configure AD RMS content protection.
- Explain how to configure external access to AD RMS.
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
- Describe AD FS.
- Explain how to configure the AD FS prerequisites, and deploy AD FS services.
- Describe how to implement AD FS for a single organization.
- Deploy AD FS in a business-to-business federation scenario.
- Deploy the Web Application Proxy.
- Overview of Dynamic Access Control
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Implementing Workplace Join
- Describe DAC.
- Implement DAC components.
- Implement DAC for access control.
- Implement access-denied assistance.
- Implement and manage Work Folders.
- Implement Workplace Join.
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
- AD DS Backup and Recovery Options for AD DS and Other Identity and Access Solutions
- Monitor AD DS.
- Manage the AD DS database.
- Recover objects from the AD DS database.
- Overview of Windows Azure AD
- Managing Windows Azure AD Accounts
- Describe Windows Azure AD.
- Administer Azure AD.
- Overview of AD LDS
- Deploying AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
- Configuring AD LDS Replication
- Integrating AD LDS with AD DS
- Describe AD LDS.
- Explain how to deploy AD LDS.
- Explain how to configure AD LDS instances and partitions.
- Explain how to configure AD LDS replication.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- How To Access MOC On-Demand
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|SATV Value||2 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST
Chat Live With Us
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST