Administering Cisco Data Center Unified Computing System v1.x (DCUCA)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This Cisco Certification Training program is designed to assist engineers gain hands-on knowledge of handling administration and troubleshooting tasks on Cisco Data Center Unified Computing System. Students wanting to utilize Cisco UCS Manager to the fullest will benefit the most from this program.
Our instructor led course provides skill-based knowledge of the platform helping students become efficient at managing Cisco data center unified computer system. With the help of real-life examples and lab work, you can easily learn about the various features of the Cisco UCS B and C series solutions.
What’s more is that this program teaches numerous other components including multi-cluster support, C-series and B-series UCS manager, and more. With the help of this course, you will become the professionals you sought to become in the field and offer expertise on the job.
Understand the B-Series and C-Series product line similarities and differences
Describe the C-Series standalone and UCS managed architectures
Understand the process for upgrading B-Series and C-Series Firmware
Administering service profiles, pools, and policies
Understanding RBAC with Active Directory integration
Administering backup and restores in UCS Manager
Learn and discuss the various management tools for Cisco UCS
Perform basic troubleshooting of B-Series and C-Series in normal operations
Systems Administrators and Engineers
Technical Solutions Architects
Basic knowledge of Cisco routing and switching
Basic knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing Systems
Basic knowledge of servers and storage
Suggested prerequisite courses:
CS-CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching Training Boot Camp v3.0 (CS-CCNA)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: UCS Infrastructure Components
- Cisco UCS Servers and Components
- Exploring Cisco UCS User Interfaces
- Cisco UCS Management Framework and Features
Module 2: Administering Cisco C-Series Servers
- Cisco UCS Servers and Components
- Describing Cisco UCS C-Series Servers
- Cisco UCS C-Series Integrated Management Controller
- Provisioning Monitoring and Logging on the Cisco UCS C-Series Server
- Provisioning Cisco UCS C-Series Server Integration in UCS Manager
- Updating Cisco UCS C-Series Firmware with the Host Update Utility
- UCS C-Series Standalone and UCS Managed Troubleshooting
Module 3: Administering Cisco B-Series Servers
- Cisco UCS Servers and Components
- RBAC, Organizations, and Active Directory Integration
- Configuring Compute Node LAN Connectivity
- Configuring Compute Node SAN Connectivity
- Creating Identity and Resource Pools
- Creating Service Profiles
- Creating Templates and Cloning Service Profiles
- Managing Service Profiles
- Operating System Installation Options
- Backing Up and Restoring UCSM Database
- Upgrading UCS B-Series Firmware
- Troubleshooting Cisco UCS B-Series Configuration
- Troubleshooting Cisco UCS B-Series Operation
Module 4: UCS Management Tools
- UCS Management Tool Overview
- Integrating UCS Manager with UCS Central
- Managing UCS Using the Cisco UCS PowerTool
Lab 1: Connecting to the Lab Environment
Lab 2: Update Cisco UCS C-Series Firmware from the Cisco UCS Host Upgrade Utility
Lab 3: Install VMware ESXi on the Local RAID and Verify SAN Connectivity
Lab 4: Troubleshooting Cisco UCS C-Series
Lab 5: Explore the Cisco UCS GUI and CLI Environment
Lab 6: Configure RBAC and Active Directory Integration
Lab 7: Provision Identity and Resource Pools
Lab 8: Provision Mobile Service Profiles from Updating Templates
Lab 9: Backup and Restore Cisco UCS Manager Database Objects
Lab 10: Configure Logging in Cisco UCS
Lab 11: Troubleshooting Cisco UCS B-Series
Lab 12: Integrating Cisco UCS Manager with Cisco UCS Central
Lab 13: Using the Cisco UCS PowerTool
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's