When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1188 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
57 Learners Have Enrolled For This Course
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
This course will help students fully prepare for the Microsoft Exam 70-703: Administering Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.
About this course:
The IT Ops training course is an excellent source to help the attendees with better understanding and skills to use configuration management and site systems to have full control of network properties.
This course walks a candidate through the process of creating and managing reports along with handling compliance and upgrading endpoint protection. You will also gain additional information regarding handling client health, operating system operations, hardware, and software inventory, handle applications, software updates, and operating system operations with Configuration Manager.
This course will help students fully prepare for the Microsoft Exam 70-703: Administering Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration
SCCM 2012 (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager) is a part of the Microsoft System Center 2012 systems management suite. All windows products enable the manager to control all operations, arrangements, and application protections at an organization.
An Enterprise Desktop Administrators earns $76,899 on average per annum.
At the end of this course, candidates will have the skills to:
- Use the best practices of configuration management to configure an OS strategy
- Execute Endpoint Security to manage Personal Computers
- Look over and distribute applications for the management of systems and consumer operations
- Correctly use Metering and Asset Intelligence
- Inventory management, supervision, and configuration of both software and hardware
- Design a comprehensive organizational management structure including boundary groups, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server, the configuration of resource discovery and boundary.
- Describe the role of the configuration manager
- Explain the function of CM in an enterprise environment
- Sustain and handle the sites for configuration manager
- Sustain and handle the PC updates for configuration manager
- Control and monitor the Configuration Manager clients
- Use appropriate queries and reports to manage data
- Efficiently handle baselines, rprofiles, and configuration elements to operate data access and compliance for different technologies
The main target audience for this course is EDAs (Enterprise Desktop Administrators.
The students should have strong concepts of and some experience of working with the following technologies:
- Fundamental concepts of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) management
- Basic understanding of PKIs (Public Key Infrastructure) protection
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows Servers
- Knowledge of configuration options for different OS such as Android, Windows Mobile, and iOS
- The familiarity of terminologies such as protocols, routing, media, hardware, infrastructure, switching, and networking properties
- Installation of Windows environment and its troubleshooting operations
- Windows PowerShell syntax and scripting knowledge and skills.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
- Installing and Configuring Windows 10 (MS-20698)
- Administering Windows Server 2012 (MS-20411)
Frequently Asked Questions
Configuration Manager offers different solutions for managing PCs, servers, and devices. Choose the solution that's right for your organization. Base your decision on the device platforms you need to manage and the management functionality you need. You can use these device management solutions by themselves or in combination with each other. For example, you can use the client-based management approach to manage the computers and servers in your organization and also use co-management to manage internet-based laptops. By combining approaches this way, you can cover all of your device management needs.
Q2: What are differences between Primary Site and Secondary Site?
- This site has Access to Microsoft SQL Database.
- Clients can be Assigned directly to the site.
- It can be a child of another primary site and can have child sites of its own.
- Can administer via configuration manager console.
- It does not have access to a Microsoft SQL Database.
- Clients cannot be assigned directly to the site.
- Secondary sites cannot have child sites of their own.
- Secondary sites are always a child site of a primary site and can only be administered via the primary site.
Q3: What is the process to distribute a package?
- Create an install program in the package (you may have already done this?), pointing it to the installation sources, create a package in SCCM.
- To the contents get synched, assign distribution Points to your package.
- Create a Collection containing the objects (users/computers) that are allowed to receive the package.
- Create an Advertisement for the distribution, linking the package you created to the collection, decide whether the Advertisement is mandatory (installation enforced) or not (users have to go to the “Run Advertised Programs” dialog in Windows and select to install the program)
Q4: How SCCM download the patches?
In the Software Update Point properties, you should add the Software Update Point site role to the site, configure the software update point as active, classifications, configure the products sync settings. THEN, in the central primary site you can go to the Update Repository node and run the Run Synchronization action. Once synchronization completes, you will see the metadata in the Configuration Manager console.
Q5: How do you configure the SUP?
In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to System CenterConfiguration Manager / Site Database /Site Management /
Synchronize from Microsoft Update or Synchronize from an upstream update server
Keep the default setting Do not create WSUS reporting events, and then click Next Specify whether to synchronize software updates on a schedule by selecting Enable synchronization on a schedule For which the Updated software will be occur at the same time, update the classifications and then press ok. For which the Updated software will be will be occur at the same time, Specify the products and then press ok. To Observe the installation process for the Updated software, the path is Open
Q6: How do you Backup SCCM Server?
To create a scheduled backup task, expand the Site Settings node and expand the Site Maintenance node, click on Tasks. For Manual backup – Start SMS_SITE_BACKUP service
Q7: What are the client deployments methods?
Client Push Installation, Software update point-based installation, Group Policy Installation, Logon Script Installation, Manual Installation, Upgrade Installation (software Distribution)
Q8: What is the use of WSUS (Windows Server Update Service)?
It enables administrators to deploy the latest Microsoft product updates to computers that are running the Windows operating system.
Q9: What is SUP (Software Update Point)?
This is required a component of software updates, and after it is installed, the SUP is displayed as a site system role in the Configuration Manager console. The software update point site system role must be created on a site system server that has Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 installed.
Q10: What is BITS-Enabled Distribution Points?
Instead of BITS, Client computer uses server message blocks (SMB). It helps to control the bandwidth throttling between distribution points and client computers. BITS-enabled distribution point and is interrupted, it can be started where it left off.
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
- Subject matter had lots of information and instructor provided it very well.
- Overall subject matter is very important in my company since we are migrating to Windows AD and using this technology to properly and administer client workstation.
- Paul is an excellent instructor and presenter.
- Excellent class. Quickstart has always been great to work with.
- Paul is very knowledgeable and helpful when help is needed. He teaches at a good pace
- Not rushing through the assignments and explains each problem where it is very understandable. I enjoy taking his classes
- Paul Heuring is a very good knowledgeable instructor. Looking forward to taking more classes with him.
- As mentioned Mr. Paul Heuring is a great instructor, highly experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of IT. email@example.com Quickstart provided a great learning experience and made it seem pretty seamless. Instructor is good and the
- Instructor was very willing to assist in any times we might have had issues.
- Quickstart provided a great learning experience and made it seem pretty seamless. Instructor is good and the customer reps were very good in communication the information needed to take this course
- Very knowledgeable but the video portions made asking questions a little difficult or time delayed.
- I wish for this course to extend to a 2 weeks period
- They knew their stuff, answered all of my questions
- I enjoyed QuickStart and would take it again. Paul and Mohammed were great.
- Knowledgeable inustructor
- Good Class.
- Keep it professional. No one needs to listen to your personal life when it is a oneway conversation in an online setting. Get through the material as efficiently as possible.
- Paul's use of real world examples is exceptional! it helped me understand easier, what i was learning.
- Instructor Paul Heuring is an awesome instructors and the course was great