Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Develop robust, flexible, and cost-effective cloud solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS). This training course provides the skills needed to deliver significant technical and business benefits by fully leveraging AWS, and the foundational knowledge of how the AWS suite of IT cloud computing services can be used separately or in combination to address common problems in computing.
- Apply best practices for creating an AWS-based cloud solution
- Leverage AWS computing services to provision virtual machines
- Implement highly durable and reliable storage systems
- Transparently handle spikes in demand with elastic load balancing and auto scaling
- Basic understanding of cloud computing concepts
- Knowledge of computing platform environments and networks
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to AWS Cloud Computing
Getting started with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Creating accounts and analyzing the cost breakdown
- Evaluating Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Console, command?line tools and API
Overview of the architecture
Achieving Agility with EC2
Managing the EC2 infrastructure
- Browsing Amazon Machine Images (AMI)
- Specifying security groups and key pairs
- Evaluating Elastic Block Store (EBS) and instance store root devices
- Assigning elastic IP addresses
- Mapping instance types to computing needs
Implementing Durable and Reliable Storage
Storing data in the cloud
- Persisting off?instance storage with EBS volumes
- Creating backups with snapshots
- Achieving high durability with SimpleStorage Service
- Transmitting data in/out of the Amazon cloud
Simplifying the database infrastructure
- Achieving high availability of nonrelational data with SimpleDB
- Effortlessly implementing a relational database with Relational Database Service (RDS)
Creating cost-effective distributed solutions
- Decoupling applications with Simple Queue Service
- Leveraging CloudFront for high?performance edge cache content delivery
- Delivering static and streaming content
Adapting EC2 to Your Business Needs
Customizing virtual machines
- Modifying existing images
- Creating new images off of running instances
- Converting an instance store AMI to an EBS AMI
Creating an AWS cloud architecture
- Applying best practices for a cloud solution
- Selecting a cloud setup for different use case scenarios
Handling Dynamic Resource Requirements
Monitoring from inside or outside of the cloud
- Visualizing utilization metrics with CloudWatch
- Setting alarms to send and receive notifications
Transparently scaling to meet load variations
- Distributing incoming traffic with elastic load balancing
- Dynamically adding and removing instances with Auto Scaling
- Setting capacity thresholds
Hosting Applications with Elastic Beanstalk
Improving application delivery with Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Deploying scalable applications on the AWS cloud
- Selecting and launching an application environment
Managing application environments
- Customizing and configuring platform stacks
- Provisioning application resources with CloudFormation
AWS Security Features
Controlling account security
- Configuring access credentials
- Managing users with Identity Access Management (IAM)
Leveraging the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Launching EC2 instances in private subnets for extra security
- Bridging EC2 instances to your internal network with a VPN
- Organizing EC2 instances in separate subnets with a VPC
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's