Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
1 HourCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course:
This course will cover how to protect your computer and your personal data. You'll learn how to keep yourself safe while communicating and sharing with others online. We'll discuss cell phone safety and the potential hazard of "checking in" at all of the places you visit. We'll focus on how to protect your online reputation, how to avoid having your identity stolen while online, and how to stay safe while shopping and banking online.
By the end of this learning module, the learner will be able to:
- Stay as safe as possible online
- Identify dangerous websites
- Understand the hazards of malware and spyware
- Distinguish between the various types of malware that are out there
- Protect themselves from malware and spyware through the use of the proper tools
- Comprehend what is required for making and keeping secure passwords
- Browse privately using various Internet browsers
- Identify Internet hoaxes and scams
- Set privacy settings on Facebook and Twitter
- Share photos and videos safely
- Protect themselves against copyright infringement
- Realize that just because they’ve deleted something online, it may not be gone
- Remain safe while using cell phones
- Understand the hazards of checking into places visited
- Locate an iPhone or Android device in the event of a loss
- Protect their online reputation
- Avoid potential identity theft hazards while online
- Shop, bank, and pay bills safely online
- This online learning module will help viewers learn how to become savvy (experienced, knowledgeable, and well-informed) online.
- Users who wants to protect their online reputation.
- There are no prerequisite require to take this course.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- What you'll learn in this series
- What is Internet Safety?
Protecting Computers and Personal Data
- Identify dangerous sites
- What is malware and spyware?
- Password do's and don't
- Private browsing
- Do I need virus protection?
- Identify internet hoaxes and scams
- Setting you privacy settings on Facebook
- Set you privacy settings on Twitter
- Best practices for staying safe on social media
- Avoid common blog or online journal mistakes
- Tips for staying safe while communication via discussion boards and forums
- Share photos safely
- Share videos safely
- Copyright infringement issues
- Understanding screen effect, deleting items, and archived copies
Cell Phone Safety
- Hazards of adding locations or checking into places
- Using Find My iPhone to erase or recover a stolen phone
- Locating a phone using Android solutions
Your Online Reputation
- What is your online reputation and why does it matter?
- Protecting your online reputation
- Avoid identity theft
- Hazards of shopping online
- Bank and pay bills safely online
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||1 Hour|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's