Being Savvy Online
- Learning Style
- Course Duration
Select A Class Schedule
This course will cover how to protect your computer and your personal data. You'll learn how to keep yourself safe while communicating and sharing with others online. We'll discuss cell phone safety and the potential hazard of "checking in" at all of the places you visit. We'll focus on how to protect your online reputation, how to avoid having your identity stolen while online, and how to stay safe while shopping and banking online.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- What you'll learn in this series
- What is Internet Safety?
Protecting Computers and Personal Data
- Identify dangerous sites
- What is malware and spyware?
- Password do's and don't
- Private browsing
- Do I need virus protection?
- Identify internet hoaxes and scams
- Setting you privacy settings on Facebook
- Set you privacy settings on Twitter
- Best practices for staying safe on social media
- Avoid common blog or online journal mistakes
- Tips for staying safe while communication via discussion boards and forums
- Share photos safely
- Share videos safely
- Copyright infringement issues
- Understanding screen effect, deleting items, and archived copies
Cell Phone Safety
- Hazards of adding locations or checking into places
- Using Find My iPhone to erase or recover a stolen phone
- Locating a phone using Android solutions
Your Online Reputation
- What is your online reputation and why does it matter?
- Protecting your online reputation
- Avoid identity theft
- Hazards of shopping online
- Bank and pay bills safely online
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||1 Hour|