|SUBSCRIBE TO 7-DAY FREE TRIAL|
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 831 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
This course will cover how to protect your computer and your personal data. You'll learn how to keep yourself safe while communicating and sharing with others online. We'll discuss cell phone safety and the potential hazard of "checking in" at all of the places you visit. We'll focus on how to protect your online reputation, how to avoid having your identity stolen while online, and how to stay safe while shopping and banking online.
By the end of this learning module, the learner will be able to:
- Stay as safe as possible online
- Identify dangerous websites
- Understand the hazards of malware and spyware
- Distinguish between the various types of malware that are out there
- Protect themselves from malware and spyware through the use of the proper tools
- Comprehend what is required for making and keeping secure passwords
- Browse privately using various Internet browsers
- Identify Internet hoaxes and scams
- Set privacy settings on Facebook and Twitter
- Share photos and videos safely
- Protect themselves against copyright infringement
- Realize that just because they’ve deleted something online, it may not be gone
- Remain safe while using cell phones
- Understand the hazards of checking into places visited
- Locate an iPhone or Android device in the event of a loss
- Protect their online reputation
- Avoid potential identity theft hazards while online
- Shop, bank, and pay bills safely online
- This online learning module will help viewers learn how to become savvy (experienced, knowledgeable, and well-informed) online.
- Users who wants to protect their online reputation.
- There are no prerequisite require to take this course.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- What you'll learn in this series
- What is Internet Safety?
Protecting Computers and Personal Data
- Identify dangerous sites
- What is malware and spyware?
- Password do's and don't
- Private browsing
- Do I need virus protection?
- Identify internet hoaxes and scams
- Setting you privacy settings on Facebook
- Set you privacy settings on Twitter
- Best practices for staying safe on social media
- Avoid common blog or online journal mistakes
- Tips for staying safe while communication via discussion boards and forums
- Share photos safely
- Share videos safely
- Copyright infringement issues
- Understanding screen effect, deleting items, and archived copies
Cell Phone Safety
- Hazards of adding locations or checking into places
- Using Find My iPhone to erase or recover a stolen phone
- Locating a phone using Android solutions
Your Online Reputation
- What is your online reputation and why does it matter?
- Protecting your online reputation
- Avoid identity theft
- Hazards of shopping online
- Bank and pay bills safely online
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||1 Hour|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Based on the information taught in this course, you may be interested in the following related courses: