Build your own Manageable Puppet Infrastructure
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
7 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
Installing Puppet is easy. Designing an infrastructure that you're still be happy with in 2 years requires lots of experience.
The Manageable Puppet Infrastructure is a very flexible design that has been field-tested in many companies, varying from very small to very large. The author of this course did talks about the MPI and related subjects at PuppetConf 2014 and 2015, PuppetCamps, FOSDEM and other conferences.
This course is a very practical guide on howto setup your Puppet infrastructure, while teaching you how it works and why.
Please note that this course REQUIRES pre-existing Puppet knowledge. This is advanced-level stuff, the basics are not explained in this course due to time-constraints.
The end-result of following this course is a fully functional, production-ready Manageable Puppet Infrastructure!
- Sysadmins that want to setup a production-ready Puppet Infrastructure.
- Please note that this course REQUIRES pre-existing Puppet knowledge. This is advanced-level stuff, the basics are not explained in this course due to time-constraints.
- Intermediate Puppet knowledge
- Basic Linux knowledge
- 3 (virtual) Linux servers
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- What will we build during this course?
- Prerequisites and preparation
- Installing Puppet
- Creating a temporary development environment
- Setup Vagrant
- Introduction to Roles and Profiles
- Setting up Version control and Code-review
- Setting up R10K
- Setting up a personal playground environment
- Selecting and using Forge modules
- Daily operations
- Get started with Hiera
- Workflow: Going through the motions of code deployment
- Create resources based on data from Hiera
- Encrypting Hieradata
- Tying up some loose ends
- Git flow and deploying environments *Again*
- Node classification
- Adding a web-interface to your Puppet infrastructure
- Using $::role in Hiera
- Managing the firewall with Puppet
- It's a wrap!
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||7 Hours|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's