Build your own Manageable Puppet Infrastructure
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
7 HoursCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Learn Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
|Individual Course |
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
Installing Puppet is easy. Designing an infrastructure that you're still be happy with in 2 years requires lots of experience.
The Manageable Puppet Infrastructure is a very flexible design that has been field-tested in many companies, varying from very small to very large. The author of this course did talks about the MPI and related subjects at PuppetConf 2014 and 2015, PuppetCamps, FOSDEM and other conferences.
This course is a very practical guide on howto setup your Puppet infrastructure, while teaching you how it works and why.
Please note that this course REQUIRES pre-existing Puppet knowledge. This is advanced-level stuff, the basics are not explained in this course due to time-constraints.
The end-result of following this course is a fully functional, production-ready Manageable Puppet Infrastructure!
- Sysadmins that want to setup a production-ready Puppet Infrastructure.
- Please note that this course REQUIRES pre-existing Puppet knowledge. This is advanced-level stuff, the basics are not explained in this course due to time-constraints.
- Intermediate Puppet knowledge
- Basic Linux knowledge
- 3 (virtual) Linux servers
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- What will we build during this course?
- Prerequisites and preparation
- Installing Puppet
- Creating a temporary development environment
- Setup Vagrant
- Introduction to Roles and Profiles
- Setting up Version control and Code-review
- Setting up R10K
- Setting up a personal playground environment
- Selecting and using Forge modules
- Daily operations
- Get started with Hiera
- Workflow: Going through the motions of code deployment
- Create resources based on data from Hiera
- Encrypting Hieradata
- Tying up some loose ends
- Git flow and deploying environments *Again*
- Node classification
- Adding a web-interface to your Puppet infrastructure
- Using $::role in Hiera
- Managing the firewall with Puppet
- It's a wrap!
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||7 Hours|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST