Certified Virtualization Security Engineer (C)VSE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This fast paced, deep dive, hands-on course provides not only the foundation needed for highly secure deployment of VMware vSphere, it also provides a complete understanding of the CIA triad as it relates to virtualization. This course will cover everything from design, configuration, best practices, performance monitoring, and just about everything in between! We endeavor to provide an understanding of what can and cannot be performed to secure your virtualized datacenter! This course also prepares the students for C)VSE exam.
The Certified Virtualization Security Engineer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”)
The average salary for Virtualization Security Engineer is $110,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- The Datacenter is under attack and mistakes made in implementing the virtual platform can lead to a major attack. It has happened before and will again.
- Every day we read about new methods of attacking Infrastructure as a Service such as Amazon, now learn how a properly designed virtual layer can aid in mitigating some of these attacks.
- Learn how Confidentiality can be improved with some awesome features implemented in vSphere.
- Learn how Integrity can be maintained with a proper design and implementation of VMware vSphere.
- Learn now Availability is designed into the VMware vSphere architecture and how you can improve and maintain this.
- Spend some time performing a few hacks, and a lot of time implementing a secure architecture with hands on labs
- Much of your time will be hands on!
This course is intended for:
- Virtualization and Cloud Administrators and Engineers, Virtualization and Cloud Security Engineers, System Administrators and Engineers
- Network+ Certification or Equivalent Knowledge
- Two Years’ Experience with Microsoft or Linux ServersBasic Virtualization/Cloud KnowledgeCertified Virtualization Engineer or equivalent knowledge
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1 - Virtualization and Cloud Overview
- Module 2 - vSphere Monitoring and Performance (Availability Constraints)
- Module 3 - vSphere Native Security
- Module 4 - vSphere Security Risks
- Module 5 - Designing for Security
- Module 6 - Hardening vSphere
- Module 7 - Managing Risk and Compliance
- Module 8 - Third Party Mitigation Solutions & Scanning
- Module 14 - Advanced Management of Desktop Pools
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's