Certified Virtualization Security Engineer (C)VSE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This fast paced, deep dive, hands-on course provides not only the foundation needed for highly secure deployment of VMware vSphere, it also provides a complete understanding of the CIA triad as it relates to virtualization. This course will cover everything from design, configuration, best practices, performance monitoring, and just about everything in between! We endeavor to provide an understanding of what can and cannot be performed to secure your virtualized datacenter! This course also prepares the students for C)VSE exam.
The Certified Virtualization Security Engineer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”)
The average salary for Virtualization Security Engineer is $110,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- The Datacenter is under attack and mistakes made in implementing the virtual platform can lead to a major attack. It has happened before and will again.
- Every day we read about new methods of attacking Infrastructure as a Service such as Amazon, now learn how a properly designed virtual layer can aid in mitigating some of these attacks.
- Learn how Confidentiality can be improved with some awesome features implemented in vSphere.
- Learn how Integrity can be maintained with a proper design and implementation of VMware vSphere.
- Learn now Availability is designed into the VMware vSphere architecture and how you can improve and maintain this.
- Spend some time performing a few hacks, and a lot of time implementing a secure architecture with hands on labs
- Much of your time will be hands on!
This course is intended for:
- Virtualization and Cloud Administrators and Engineers, Virtualization and Cloud Security Engineers, System Administrators and Engineers
- Network+ Certification or Equivalent Knowledge
- Two Years’ Experience with Microsoft or Linux ServersBasic Virtualization/Cloud KnowledgeCertified Virtualization Engineer or equivalent knowledge
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1 - Virtualization and Cloud Overview
- Module 2 - vSphere Monitoring and Performance (Availability Constraints)
- Module 3 - vSphere Native Security
- Module 4 - vSphere Security Risks
- Module 5 - Designing for Security
- Module 6 - Hardening vSphere
- Module 7 - Managing Risk and Compliance
- Module 8 - Third Party Mitigation Solutions & Scanning
- Module 14 - Advanced Management of Desktop Pools
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's