Check Point Security Administration and Security Engineering Bundle (R77 GAiA) (CCSA+CCSE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
In the duration of this azure course, students will learn the process of configuring a Security policy along with how to manage and monitor a secure and protected framework. Additionally, they will also be provided information regarding the process of configuring and upgrading a Security Gateway and deploying a virtual private network. This part will help the student in preparing for the CCSA certification. On the other hand, the advanced portion of this azure training course, the students will learn about the correct method of developing, modifying, implementing and troubleshooting Check Point Security Systems on the GAiA operating system. In addition, the hands on experience obtained through labs will enable the student to explain the processing of debugging firewall processes, upgrading management servers, and optimizing VPN performance. The advanced portion of these azure classes will prepare the student for the CCSE certification.
Once the course is complete, students will gain the capabilities to:
Introduce Check Point technology
Understand and Implement platforms
Introduce security policy
Monitor connections and traffic
Manage and authenticate users
Check Point VPNs and their overview
Check Point firewall technology
Troubleshooting Check Point firewall technology
Advanced upgrading concepts and practices
Clustering firewall, management concepts, and practices
Software acceleration features
Advanced VPN concepts and implementations
Options for implementation, Reporting tools, and features
This azure training course is designed to be undertaken as a special combo by Network Engineers, Systems Administrators, Support Analysts, Security Managers, and other IT professionals who want to work with Check Point Software Blades or thinking of completing CCSA and CCSE certifications.
Before a student enrolls in this course, he or she should have basic information regarding UNIX, TCP/IP Working knowledge of Windows, network technology and the Internet.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Check Point's unified approach to network management and key components
- Design a distributed environment and Install the Security Gateway in it
- Perform a backup and restore the current gateway installation from the command line
- Identify critical files needed to purge or backup, import and export users and groups, and add or delete administrators from the command line
- Deploy gateways using the Gaia web interface
- Create & configure network, host, and gateway objects
- Using SmartDashboard verify SIC establishment between the Security Management Server and the gateway
- Create a basic Rule Base in SmartDashboard that includes permissions for administrative users, external services, and LAN outbound use
- Configure NAT rules on Web and Gateway servers
- Evaluate existing policies and optimize the rules based on corporate requirements
- Maintain the Security Management Server with scheduled backups and policy versions to ensure seamless pgrades with minimal downtime
- Use Queries in SmartView Tracker to monitor IPS and common network traffic and troubleshoot events using packet data
- Use packet data to generate reports, troubleshoot system and security issues, and ensure network functionality
- Using SmartView Monitor, configure alerts & traffic counters, view a gateway's status, monitor suspicious activity rules, analyze tunnel activity and monitor remote user access
- Monitor remote gateways using SmartUpdate to evaluate the need for upgrades, new installations, and license modifications
- Use SmartUpdate go apply upgrade packages to single or multiple VPN-1 gateways
- Upgrade and attach product licenses using SmartUpdate
- Centrally manage users to ensure only authenticated users securely access the corporate network either locally or remotely
- Manage users to access the corporate LAN by using external databases
- Provide granular-level access to network resources using Identity Awareness
- Acquire user information used by the security gateway to control access
- Define access roles for use in an Identity Awareness rule
- Implement Identity Awareness in the Firewall Rule Base
- Configure a pre-shared secret site-to-site VPN with partner sites
- Configure permanent tunnels for remote access to corporate resources
- Configure VPN tunnel sharing, given the difference between host-based, subunit-based, and gateway- based tunnels
- Perform a backup of a security gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots and update-exports
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server using a database migration
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered Security Gateway deployment
- Use knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructures, chain modules, packet flow, and kernel tables to perform debugs on firewall processes
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement
- Using an external user database such as LDAP, configure User Directory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for remote access or across a VPN
- Troubleshoot user-access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKE View, VPN log files, and command-line debug tools
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and Multiple Entry Point solutions
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels to allow for greater monitoring and scalability with multiple tunnels defined in a community including other VPN providers
- Create events or use existing event definitions to generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent to provide industry compliance information to management
- Troubleshoot report generation given command-line tools and debug-file information
Lab 1: Distributed Installations
Lab 2: Stand-Alone Security Gateway Installations
Lab 3: Common Tools
Lab 4: Building a Security Policy
Lab 5: Configure the DMZ
Lab 6: Configure NAT
Lab 7: Monitor with SmartView Tracker
Lab 8: Client Authentication
Lab 9: Identity Awareness
Lab 10: Site-to-Site VPN between Corporate and Branch Office
Lab 11: Upgrade to Check Point R77
Lab 12: Core CLI Elements of Firewall Administration
Lab 13: Migrate to a Clustering Solution
Lab 14: Configure SmartDashboard to Interface with Active Directory
Lab 15: Configure Site-to-Site VPNS with Third-Party Certificates
Lab 16: Remote Access with Endpoint Security VPN
Lab 17: SmartEvent and SmartReporter
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's