CompTIA A+ Certification (Exams 220-901 & 220-902)
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
26 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $149.00
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $149.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course:
If you are getting ready for a career as an entry-level information technology (IT) professional or computer service technician, the CompTIA® A+® course is the first step in your preparation. The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer (PC) software and hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job.
The CompTIA A+ course can benefit you in two ways. Whether you work or plan to work in a mobile or corporate environment where you have a high level of face-to-face customer interaction, where client communication and client training are important, or in an environment with limited customer interaction and an emphasis on hardware activities, this course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It can also assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA A+ certification examinations, objectives (exam numbers 220-901 and 220-902), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
The average salary for a Service Technician A+ Certified is $42,190 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
- Expanded coverage of mobile devices and operating systems
- Fundamental cloud concepts
- More security problem solving
- Signiﬁcant increase in troubleshooting
This course is intended for:
- Individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification Exam and the CompTIA 220-902 Certification Exam.
- To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Course Introduction
- Module 01 - Configuring BIOS
- Module 02 - Motherboards
- Module 03 - Expansion Slots
- Module 04 - RAM Types and Features
- Module 05 - Install and Configure PC Expansion Cards
- Module 06 - Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Module 07 - CPU's and Cooling Methods
- Module 08 - PC Connection Interfaces
- Module 09 - Power Supplies
- Module 10 - Custom Computer Specifications
- Module 11 - Installing Displays
- Module 12 - PC Connectors
- Module 13 - Installing Peripheral
- Module 14 - Installing Multifunction Devices and SOHO Networks
- Module 15 - Printer Technologies
- Module 16 - Printer Maintenance
- Module 17 - Networking
- Module 18 - Properties and Characteristics of TCP/IP
- Module 19 - TCP vs. UDP
- Module 20 - Wi-Fi Networking Standards and Encryption Types
- Module 21 - Install and Configure SOHO Wireless/Wired Router
- Module 22 - Architecture and Internet Connection Types
- Module 23 - Networking Tools
- Module 24 - Laptop Hardware Components
- Module 25 - Mobile Devices
- Module 26 - Mobile Device Ports and Accessories
- Module 27 - Troubleshooting Theory
- Module 28 - Troubleshooting RAID Arrays and Hard Drives
- Module 29 - Troubleshooting Video
- Module 30 - Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Module 31 - Troubleshooting Printers
- Module 32 - Windows Operating Systems
- Module 33 - Command Line Tools
- Module 34 - Microsoft Operating System Features and Tools
- Module 35 - Control Panel Utilities
- Module 36 - Windows Networking on Client Desktops
- Module 37 - Preventative Maintenance
- Module 38 - Features and Functionality of the Mac OS and Linux Operating Systems
- Module 39 - Client Side Virtualization
- Module 40 - Cloud-based Concepts
- Module 41 - Network Host Properties
- Module 42 - Mobile Operating Systems
- Module 43 - Mobile Device Network and E-mail
- Module 44 - Security
- Module 45 - Prevention Methods
- Module 46 - Windows Security Settings
- Module 47 - Security Best Practices
- Module 48 - Securing Mobile Devices
- Module 49 - Troubleshooting Common PC Tools
- Module 50 - Common PC Security Issues
- Module 51 - Common Mobile Operating Systems Troubleshooting
- Module 52 - Common Safety Practices
- Module 53 - Maintenance Tools and Techniques
- Module 54 - Privacy and Licensing Concepts
- Course Conclusion
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||26 Hours|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's