CompTIA Cloud Essentials (COMP-CE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials specialty certification demonstrates an individual knows what cloud computing means from a business and technical perspective, as well as what is involved in moving to and governing the cloud.
- The CompTIA Cloud Essentials exam covers:
- Characteristics of cloud services from a business perspective
- Business value of cloud computing
- Technical perspective/cloud types
- Steps to successful adoption
- Impact and changes on IT service management
- Risks and consequences
This course prepares you for the following exams:
- While it is not required, CompTIA recommends that a candidate have at least six months of experience in an IT environment, with direct involvement in IT-related tasks, responsibilities or decision-making.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Topic 1A: Overview of Cloud Computing
- Topic 1B: Evolution of the Cloud
- Topic 1C: Specialized Cloud Services
Lesson 2: Business Value of Cloud Computing
- Topic 2A: Business Need for Cloud Computing
- Topic 2B: Cloud Scalability
- Topic 2C: Cloud Security
- Topic 2D: Impact of Cloud Computing on Business
Lesson 3: Technical Perspectives of Cloud Computing
- Topic 3A: The Cloud Deployment Models
- Topic 3B: Network Requirements for Cloud Deployment
- Topic 3C: Automation and Self-Service in Cloud Computing
- Topic 3D: Federated Cloud Services
- Topic 3E: Standardization
Lesson 4: Technical Challenges of Cloud Computing
- Topic 4A: Cloud Storage
- Topic 4B: Application Performance
- Topic 4C: Data Integration
- Topic 4D: Security Risks and Mitigation
- Topic 4E: Application Architecture and the Development Process
Lesson 5: Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Services
- Topic 5A: Steps to Adopting Cloud Services
- Topic 5B: Organizational Capability to Adopt Cloud Services
- Topic 5C: Cloud Vendor Roles and Capabilities
- Topic 5D: Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Lesson 6: ITIL and Cloud Computing
- Topic 6A: Overview of ITIL
- Topic 6B: Planning Service Strategy
- Topic 6C: Designing Cloud Service
- Topic 6D: Transitioning to Live Environment
- Topic 6E: Running a Cloud Service Operation
- Topic 6F: Continual Service Improvement with Cloud
Lesson 7: Identifying Risks and Consequences
- Topic 7A: Organizational Risks
- Topic 7B: Technical Risks
- Topic 7C: Legal Risks
- Topic 7D: Cost Evaluation for Cloud Computing
- Topic 7E: Identify Maintenance Aspects of Strategic Flexibility
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's