CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+ Exam Preparation
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Recent high-level hacks have determined that the Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) is still alive and well. Moreover, traditional firewalls and security tools are not enough to thwart an attack. CySA+ applies behavioral analytics to IT security to better evade these constant threats. This course is designed specifically for experienced information security professionals preparing to take the CySA+ exam.
- Prepare for and pass the Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) exam
- Identify tools and techniques used to perform environmental reconnaissance of a target network or security system
- Use network host and web application vulnerability assessment tools and interpret the results to provide effective mitigation
- Participate in a senior role within an incident response team and use forensic tools to identify the source of an attack
- Understand the use of frameworks, policies, and procedures, and report on security architecture with recommendations for effective compensating controls.
- IT Security Professionals must have 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience at the level of Network+ or Security+
- It is recommended that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Knowledge of basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, switches, routers)
- Understanding of TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools
- Network attack strategies and defenses
- Knowledge of the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products
- Network- and host-based security technologies and practices
- Standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Threat Management
- Cybersecurity roles and responsibilities
- Frameworks and security controls
- Risk evaluation
- Penetration testing processes
- The kill chain
- Open source intelligence
- Social engineering
- Topology discovery
- Service discovery
- OS fingerprinting
Module 2: Threat Management
- Configuring firewalls
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Configuring IDS
- Malware threats
- Configuring anti-virus software
- Enhanced mitigation experience toolkit
Logging and analysis
- Packet capture
- Packet capture tools
- Monitoring tools
- Log review and SIEM
- SIEM data outputs
- SIEM data analysis
- Point-in-time data analysis
Module 3: Vulnerability Management
- Vulnerability management requirements
- Asset inventory
- Data classification
- Vulnerability management processes
- Vulnerability scanners
- Microsoft baseline security analyzer
- Vulnerability feeds and SCAP
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Vulnerability scanning criteria
- Exploit frameworks
- Analyzing vulnerability scans
- Remediation and change control
- Remediating host vulnerabilities
- Remediating network vulnerabilities
- Remediating virtual infrastructure vulnerabilities
Secure software development
- Software development life cycle
- Software vulnerabilities
- Software security testing
- Interception proxies
- Web application firewalls
- Source authenticity
- Reverse engineering
Module 4: Cyber Incident Response
- Incident response processes
- Threat classification
- Incident severity and prioritization
- Types of data
- Digital forensics investigations
- Documentation and forms
- Digital forensics crime scenes
- Digital forensics kits
- Image acquisition
- Password cracking
- Analysis utilities
Incident analysis and recovery
- Analysis and recovery frameworks
- Analyzing network symptoms
- Analyzing host symptoms
- Analyzing data exfiltration
- Analyzing application symptoms
- Using sysinternals
- Containment techniques
- Eradication techniques
- Validation techniques
- Corrective actions
Module 5: Security Architecture
Secure network design
- Network segmentation
- Blackholes, sinkholes, and honeypots
- System hardening
- Group policies and MAC
- Endpoint security
Managing identities and access
- Network access control
- Identity management
- Identity security issues
- Identity repositories
- Context-based authentication
- Single sign on and federation
- Exploiting identities
- Exploiting web browsers and applications
Security frameworks and policies
- Frameworks and compliance
- Reviewing security architecture
- Procedures and compensating controls
- Verifications and quality control
- Security policies and procedures
- Personnel policies and training
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's