CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501)
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 1188 other popular courses
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
49 Learners Have Enrolled For This Course
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
“If you enroll in this course without the Master Subscription plan, you receive a Free Official Exam Voucher (excluding purchases using Training Vouchers / SATV) for SY0-501 Exam. This course does not include Exam Voucher if enrolled within the Master Subscription, however, you can request to purchase the Official Exam Voucher separately.”
About the course:
The CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501) is one of the most important courses which you will be required to complete if your job responsibilities are inclusive of securing devices, network services, and incoming as well as outgoing traffic in your respective organization. It can also be undertaken if you are planning to take the CompTIA Security+ certification examination. This course will enhance your knowledge about networks, security fundamentals, and organizational security and will also provide professional experience with the same. Throughout the course, you will learn new skills which will enable you to deploy basic security services on all kinds of computer networks.
Taking this course will be advantageous for you in two different ways. It will help you in preparing for and attempting the CompTIA Security+ certification exam (Exam SY0-501). However, if you wish to have a successful career in the field of cyber security, then the course will also help you in developing and further enhancing your skill set to demonstrate the capabilities needed to excel in computer security. The information obtained vi this course will allow you to confidently tackle all tasks given to you in a security related role.
A CompTIA Certified Information Security Analyst can earn up to $95,829/- per annum, on average.
With the help of this course, you will be able to deploy information security across varying contexts. Once the course is complete, it will allow you to:
- Analyze risk
- Identify the essential components of information security
- Identify numerous threats which affect information security
- Deploy security for networks
- Deploy Security for hosts and software
- Detect vulnerability by conducting security assessments
- Manage identity and access
- Address security incidents
- Deploy operational level security
- Deploy cryptographic solutions within the organization
- In the event of an unforeseen incident, ensure smooth running of business operations.
This course is intended to be undertaken by those IT Professionals, having administrative and networking skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks. Additionally, those professionals who are familiar with operating systems like Unix, macOS®, Linux, and wish to further progress in their IT career by obtaining in-depth knowledge of security topics. It can also be undertaken by those opting to take the CompTIA Security+ certification examination or wish to use this as a means to attempt advanced level certifications related to security.
In order to be successful in this course, all students should have basic knowledge of Windows and know how to use it, along with an understanding of networking and computer concepts.
Suggested Prerequisite course:
It is recommended to have cleared the following course prior to opting for this one.
- CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-901 and 220-902) (Comptia-A)
- CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006) (ComptiaNet)
Frequently Asked Questions
A passing score for CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) is 750 out of 900 possible points
Q2) How Many Questions Are on the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) Exams?
You will have 90 minutes to complete the 90-question CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) certification exam
Q3) How Do I Get My CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) Certification?
You will earn the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) certification by passing one exam that consists of both multiple-choice and performance-based questions Read on for some common-sense advice that can increase your chance to succeed in your exam and achieve CompTIA Security+ certification status.
In its very basic nature, the CompTIA Security+ exam is not that much different from any other written test that you may have taken to-date. The exam uses various question types to verify your knowledge in specific areas of information security, including the following:
- Securing applications, networks and devices
- Threat analysis and response
- Risk management
Q4) How Long Will It Take Me to get CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501)?
In short, there’s no simple answer to this question because it all depends on how much you already know, how much you must learn, how quickly you will learn and when you feel confident enough to take the exam and pass it.
Q5) How Long Does the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) Certification Last?
Your CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) certification is good for three years from the date you pass your certification exam.
Q6) Why the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) Certification Expires After Three Years
Your job in IT comes standard with constant change and it’s understood that technology advances at a breakneck pace. Your career success requires you to be ahead of the curve and be familiar with the technology that makes a meaningful impact in the market and constantly changes our lives at work and at home.
We work closely with industry partners and have determined that a substantial change in the use of technology usually takes place just about every three years. To that end, we’re continuously updating our exams. Renewing your certification gives you a great opportunity to document your knowledge in technology areas that matter to employers and are important to your IT career.
Practice Certification Exam
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
|Cybersecurity Roles||Cybersecurity specialist|
|Nice Workforce Categories||Analyze, Collect and operate, Investigate, Operate and maintain, Oversee and govern, Protect and defend, Securely provision|
- highlight possible test scenarios throughout the course Communications specialist
- Prep for CompTIA Certification test
- Great instruction!!
- IT auditor
- It was difficult to navigate to some of the links and boxes in the lab environment with a small screen. Paul appeared and sounded well experienced in the topic and provided real life examples.
- Mandatory training for my job (govt)
- Paul is always an excellent instructor
- Job merge
- Joel was very knowledgeable and a very good trainer
- understand and prepare for security threats
- Unfortunately, I did not get hooked up with the lab for this class until day 4/5. I have permissions to access the lab today, and see that it is good information, because it relates to the real world view of network security great perspective.
- He is very intelligent, easy going and easy to understand
- The only issue I had with regards to the labs were we couldn't truly interact with other systems to get a more accurate feel for what the labs offered as we only had our own virtual servers.
- I chose NA because I have no real world practice prior to this course. gain new skills, prep for cert great instructor, very knowledgeable. RF technician
- Very good instruction, I like how clearly things were explained and the pace things moved along. I look forward to taking more classes with this instructor.