CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-901 and 220-902) (Comptia-A)
Virtual Instructor-LedLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Master Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $1,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
|Individual Course |
Now Only $1,995.00 Regular Price $3,395.00/ Seat
About this course:
If you are getting ready for a career as an entry-level information technology (IT) professional or computer service technician, the CompTIA® A+® course is the first step in your preparation. The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer (PC) software and hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job.
The CompTIA A+ course can benefit you in two ways. Whether you work or plan to work in a mobile or corporate environment where you have a high level of face-to-face customer interaction, where client communication and client training are important, or in an environment with limited customer interaction and an emphasis on hardware activities, this course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It can also assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA A+ certification examinations, objectives (exam numbers 220-901 and 220-902), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
The average salary for a Service Technician A+ Certified is $42,190 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
- Expanded coverage of mobile devices and operating systems
- Fundamental cloud concepts
- More security problem solving
- Signiﬁcant increase in troubleshooting
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification Exam and the CompTIA 220-902 Certification Exam.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Hardware Fundamentals
Topic A: Computer System Components
Topic B: Storage Devices
Topic C: Device Connections and Interfaces
Lesson 2: Operating System Fundamentals
Topic A: Personal Computer Operating Systems
Topic B: Windows Control Panel Utilities
Topic C: Command Line Tools
Topic D: Windows Security Settings
Topic E: Windows Operating System Tools
Lesson 3: Operational Procedures
Topic A: Basic Maintenance Tools and Techniques
Topic B: Electrical Safety
Topic C: Environmental Safety and Materials Handling
Topic D: Professionalism and Communication
Lesson 4: Peripheral Components
Topic A: Install and Configure Display Devices
Topic B: Install and Configure Input Devices
Topic C: Install and Configure Expansion Cards
Topic D: Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Lesson 5: Managing System Components
Topic A: Motherboards
Topic B: CPUs and Cooling Systems
Topic C: Select and Install Power Supplies
Topic D: RAM Types and Features
Topic E: Install and Configure Storage Devices
Topic F: Configure the System BIOS
Lesson 6: Installing and Configuring Operating Systems
Topic A: Implement Virtualization
Topic B: Install Microsoft Windows
Topic C: Windows Upgrades
Topic D: Windows Preventive Maintenance
Lesson 7: Customized Client Environments
Topic A: Standard Clients
Topic B: Custom Client Environments
Lesson 8: Networking Technologies
Topic A: Physical Network Connections
Topic B: TCP/IP
Topic C: Network Connectivity
Topic D: Ports and Protocols
Topic E: Set Up and Configure Windows Networking
Topic F: Networking Tools
Lesson 9: Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining SOHO Networks
Topic A: Install and Configure SOHO Networks
Topic B: SOHO Network Security
Lesson 10: Supporting Laptops
Topic A: Laptop Hardware and Components
Topic B: Install and Configure Laptop Hardware Components
Lesson 11: Mobile Computing
Topic A: Mobile Device Technologies
Topic B: Configure Mobile Devices
Lesson 12: Supporting Printers
Topic A: Printer Technologies
Topic B: Install, Configure, and Maintain Printers
Lesson 13: Security
Topic A: Security Fundamentals
Topic B: Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
Topic C: Security Protection Measures
Topic D: Workstation Security
Lesson 14: Troubleshooting Hardware Components
Topic A: Troubleshooting Theory
Topic B: Troubleshoot Video and Display Devices
Topic C: Troubleshoot Hard Drives and RAID Arrays
Topic D: Troubleshoot System Components
Topic E: Troubleshoot Laptops
Topic F: Troubleshoot Printers
Lesson 15: Troubleshooting System-Wide Issues
Topic A: Troubleshoot Operating Systems
Topic B: Troubleshoot Wired and Wireless Networks
Topic C: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST