CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002) (Comptia-A)
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
When you subscribe, you get:
Master subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00
Now Only $2,999.00 Regular Price $3,499.00/ Year
About this course:
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today's core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today's digital world. It is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles. CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
The Official CompTIA® A+® Core 1 and Core 2 (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002) course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It will help you prepare to take the CompTIA A+ Core Series certification examinations (exam numbers 220-1001 and 220-1002), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems.
- Support operating systems.
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
- Implement client virtualization and cloud computing.
- Implement physical security.
- Secure workstations and data.
- Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
- Implement operational procedures.
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ Core 1 220-1001 Certification Exam and the CompTIA A+ Core 2 220-1002 Certification Exam.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following official CompTIA courses:
- The Official CompTIA® IT Fundamentals+ (Exam FC0-U61)
Note: The prerequisites for this course might differ significantly from the prerequisites for the CompTIA certification exams
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Supporting Operating Systems
- Topic A: Identify Common Operating Systems
- Topic B: Troubleshooting Methodology
- Topic C: Use Windows Features and Tools
- Topic D: Manage Files in Windows
- Topic E: Manage Disks in Windows
- Topic F: Manage Devices in Windows
Lesson 2: Installing and Configuring PC Components
- Topic A: Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- Topic B: PC Components
- Topic C: Common Connection Interfaces
- Topic D: Install Peripheral Devices
Lesson 3: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
- Topic A: Install and Configure Display Devices
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Topic C: Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
Lesson 4: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
- Topic A: Install System Memory
- Topic B: Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Topic C: Install and Configure Removable Storage
- Topic D: Configure RAID
- Topic E: Troubleshoot Storage Devices
Lesson 5: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
- Topic A: Install and Upgrade CPUs
- Topic B: Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Topic C: Install Power Supplies
- Topic D: Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Topic E: Configure a Custom PC
Lesson 6: Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems
- Topic A: Configure and Use Linux
- Topic B: Configure and Use macOS
- Topic C: Install and Upgrade Operating Systems
- Topic D: Maintain OSs
Lesson 7: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- Topic A: Install and Manage Windows Applications
- Topic B: Manage Windows Performance
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Windows
Lesson 8: Network Infrastructure Concepts
- Topic A: Wired Networks
- Topic B: Network Hardware Devices
- Topic C: Wireless Networks
- Topic D: Internet Connection Types
- Topic E: Network Configuration Concepts
- Topic F: Network Services
Lesson 9: Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
- Topic A: Configure Network Connection Settings
- Topic B: Install and Configure SOHO Networks
- Topic C: Configure SOHO Network Security
- Topic D: Configure Remote Access
- Topic E: Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Topic F: Install and Configure IoT Devices
Lesson 10: Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources
- Topic A: Manage Users
- Topic B: Configure Shared Resources
- Topic C: Configure Active Directory Accounts and Policies
Lesson 11: Implementing Client Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Topic A: Configure Client-Side Virtualization
- Topic B: Cloud Computing Concepts
Lesson 12: Security Concepts
- Topic A: Logical Security Concepts
- Topic B: Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic C: Physical Security Measures
Lesson 13: Securing Workstations and Data
- Topic A: Implement Security Best Practices
- Topic B: Implement Data Protection Policies
- Topic C: Protect Data During Incident Response
Lesson 14: Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues
- Topic A: Detect, Remove, and Prevent Malware
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Common Workstation Security Issues
Lesson 15: Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
- Topic A: Use Laptop Features
- Topic B: Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
Lesson 16: Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
- Topic A: Mobile Device Types
- Topic B: Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Topic C: Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Topic D: Support Mobile Apps
- Topic E: Secure Mobile Devices
- Topic F: Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues
Lesson 17: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Print Devices
- Topic A: Maintain Laser Printers
- Topic B: Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Topic C: Maintain Impact, Thermal, and 3D Printers
- Topic D: Install and Configure Printers
- Topic E: Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Topic F: Install and Configure Imaging Devices
Lesson 18: Implementing Operational Procedures
- Topic A: Environmental Impacts and Controls
- Topic B: Create and Maintain Documentation
- Topic C: Use Basic Change Management Best Practices
- Topic D: Implement Disaster Prevention and Recovery Methods
- Topic E: Basic Scripting Concepts
- Topic F: Professionalism and Communication
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® A+® Core 1 (Exam 220-1001)
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® A+® Core 2 (Exam 220-1002)
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt