CompTIA® IT Fundamentals? (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) (CompTIA_ITF)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $999.00 Regular Price $2,195.00
Now Only $999.00 Regular Price $2,195.00/ Seat
About this course:
If you are a high-end computer user at home or college considering a career in information technology, or interested in furthering your knowledge about personal computers, the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) course is the first step in your preparation. In this course, you will identify PC components, work with files and folders, and conduct basic software installations. This course will provide you with the fundamental skills and concepts required to maintain, support, and work efficiently with personal computers. In addition, you will acquire the essential skills and information you need to set up, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance of the hardware and software components of a basic personal computer workstation and basic wireless devices. You will also implement basic security measures and implement basic computer and user support practices.
Whether you are a home user, an experienced knowledge worker, or someone new to the work force considering an information technology (IT) career, the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) course can benefit you in many ways. Having a basic foundational knowledge about personal computers and the skills required to work with them provides you with the starting point to build your career. If your existing job role is linked with personal computers, this course will provide you with the fundamental technical knowledge about personal computers that you need to work efficiently in your current role. It will also assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ examination (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51).
The average salary for IT Professional is $59,072 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify hardware commonly found in or attached to computing devices.
- Identify software commonly installed on computing devices.
- Set up a basic workstation.
- Configure network access.
- Work with files, folders, and applications.
- Configure and use wireless devices.
- Secure computing devices.
- Support computers and users.
This course is intended for:
- Individuals who are considering a career in information technology (IT) and who might be planning to pursue CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification, CompTIA A+™ certification, or other similar certifications.
- The students should have basic understanding of Windows end-user skills.
- For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (×86) or 64-bit (×64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- DVD or CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 × 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Optional peripheral devices such as speakers, microphones, webcams, and so forth, along with any cabling required to connect the devices to desktop computers
- Blank CD or DVD
- USB thumb drive
- External hard drive or internal hard drive in a drive dock
- Smartphone and/or tablet: iOS and/or Android
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Identifying Computer Hardware
- Topic A: Identify Types of Computing Devices
- Topic B: Identify Internal Computer Components
- Topic C: Common Computer Connector Types
- Topic D: Identify Common Peripheral Devices
Lesson 2: Identifying Computer Software
- Topic A: Compare Functions and Features of Common Operating Systems
- Topic B: Identify Application Software
Lesson 3: Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Topic A: Connect Hardware
- Topic B: Install and Configure Operating Systems
- Topic C: Install and Configure Applications
- Topic D: Configure Accessibility Options
Lesson 4: Configuring Network Access
- Topic A: Network Connection Types
- Topic B: Install and Configure a SOHO Router
- Topic C: Network and Alternative Technologies
- Topic D: Sharing and Storage Methods
Lesson 5: Working with Files, Folders, and Applications
- Topic A: Create Files
- Topic B: Navigate a File Structure
- Topic C: Manage Files and Folders
- Topic D: Compress and Extract Files
- Topic E: Create Screen Captures
Lesson 6: Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Topic A: Configure Wireless Devices
- Topic B: Use Wireless Devices
Lesson 7: Securing Computing Devices
- Topic A: Identify Security Threats
- Topic B: Apply Security Best Practices
- Topic C: Perform Secure Web Browsing
Lesson 8: Supporting Computers and Users
- Topic A: Environmental and Safety Concepts
- Topic B: Back Up and Restore Data
- Topic C: Manage Software
- Topic D: Implement Basic Support Measures
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) Certification Exam
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's