CompTIA® IT Fundamentals? (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) (CompTIA_ITF)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Now Only $1,198.80 Regular Price $2,195.00
Now Only $1,198.80 Regular Price $2,195.00/ Seat
About this course:
If you are a high-end computer user at home or college considering a career in information technology, or interested in furthering your knowledge about personal computers, the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) course is the first step in your preparation. In this course, you will identify PC components, work with files and folders, and conduct basic software installations. This course will provide you with the fundamental skills and concepts required to maintain, support, and work efficiently with personal computers. In addition, you will acquire the essential skills and information you need to set up, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance of the hardware and software components of a basic personal computer workstation and basic wireless devices. You will also implement basic security measures and implement basic computer and user support practices.
Whether you are a home user, an experienced knowledge worker, or someone new to the work force considering an information technology (IT) career, the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) course can benefit you in many ways. Having a basic foundational knowledge about personal computers and the skills required to work with them provides you with the starting point to build your career. If your existing job role is linked with personal computers, this course will provide you with the fundamental technical knowledge about personal computers that you need to work efficiently in your current role. It will also assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ examination (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51).
The average salary for IT Professional is $59,072 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify hardware commonly found in or attached to computing devices.
- Identify software commonly installed on computing devices.
- Set up a basic workstation.
- Configure network access.
- Work with files, folders, and applications.
- Configure and use wireless devices.
- Secure computing devices.
- Support computers and users.
This course is intended for:
- Individuals who are considering a career in information technology (IT) and who might be planning to pursue CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification, CompTIA A+™ certification, or other similar certifications.
- The students should have basic understanding of Windows end-user skills.
- For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (×86) or 64-bit (×64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- DVD or CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 × 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Optional peripheral devices such as speakers, microphones, webcams, and so forth, along with any cabling required to connect the devices to desktop computers
- Blank CD or DVD
- USB thumb drive
- External hard drive or internal hard drive in a drive dock
- Smartphone and/or tablet: iOS and/or Android
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1: Identifying Computer Hardware
- Topic A: Identify Types of Computing Devices
- Topic B: Identify Internal Computer Components
- Topic C: Common Computer Connector Types
- Topic D: Identify Common Peripheral Devices
Lesson 2: Identifying Computer Software
- Topic A: Compare Functions and Features of Common Operating Systems
- Topic B: Identify Application Software
Lesson 3: Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Topic A: Connect Hardware
- Topic B: Install and Configure Operating Systems
- Topic C: Install and Configure Applications
- Topic D: Configure Accessibility Options
Lesson 4: Configuring Network Access
- Topic A: Network Connection Types
- Topic B: Install and Configure a SOHO Router
- Topic C: Network and Alternative Technologies
- Topic D: Sharing and Storage Methods
Lesson 5: Working with Files, Folders, and Applications
- Topic A: Create Files
- Topic B: Navigate a File Structure
- Topic C: Manage Files and Folders
- Topic D: Compress and Extract Files
- Topic E: Create Screen Captures
Lesson 6: Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Topic A: Configure Wireless Devices
- Topic B: Use Wireless Devices
Lesson 7: Securing Computing Devices
- Topic A: Identify Security Threats
- Topic B: Apply Security Best Practices
- Topic C: Perform Secure Web Browsing
Lesson 8: Supporting Computers and Users
- Topic A: Environmental and Safety Concepts
- Topic B: Back Up and Restore Data
- Topic C: Manage Software
- Topic D: Implement Basic Support Measures
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA® IT Fundamentals™ (Exam FC0-U51 or FC0-Z51) Certification Exam
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's