Designing the FlexPod Solution (NetApp-FPDESIGN-REV01)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Designing the FlexPod Solution is a 2-day instructor-led course where you will learn to evaluate the FlexPod solution design process with regard to the contemporary data center challenges. The course provides a comprehensive understanding of the reconnaissance and analytics assess computing solution performance characteristics and requirements. In addition, this course will describe the hardware components of the FlexPod and the process for selecting proper hardware for a given set of requirements.
The Course Introduction provides learners with the course objectives and prerequisite learner skills and knowledge. The Course Introduction presents the course flow diagram and the icons that are used in the course illustrations and figures. This course component also describes the curriculum for this course, providing learners with the information that they need to make decisions regarding their specific learning path.
The average salary for NetApp Systems Administrator is $127,000 per year.
- Describe the FlexPod Solution
- Identify FlexPod Design Requirements
- Identify the supported Cisco UCS components
- Identify the supported NetApp storage components
- Identify the supported Cisco Nexus components
- Describe the FlexPod topology options
- Describing FlexPod validated management solutions
- Describe the FlexPod use case with VMware vSphere 6.0 and IP-Based Storage
- Describe the FlexPod use case with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack
- Partners, OR
- Anyone needing to setup and design their FlexPod solution
If you already have a working FlexPod system, then you do not need this course.
- Knowledge of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with SANs and NFS network-attached storage (NAS) technologies
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (such as Microsoft, Red Hat, or VMware)
Suggested prerequisite course:
- Implementing and Administering the FlexPod Solution (NetApp-FPIMPADM-REV01)
- Exploring SAN Architectures and Configurations (SANARCH) (NetApp-SANARCH)
- Data ONTAP SAN Implementation (NetApp-SANIMP-REV04)
- ONTAP NFS Administration (NetApp-NFSAD-REV06)
- Managing NAS and Performance Analysis Combo (NetApp-NASPerf)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: FlexPod Data Center Solutions and Architecture
- Module 2: FlexPod Hardware and Software Selection and Sizing Considerations
- Module 3: FlexPod Designs Based on Platforms
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt