Developing SQL Queries for Oracle Databases
About Individual Course:
In the IT Ops training course, the attendees are taught to solve the business complications in a more sophisticated, efficient and quick way. Using only few SQL codes and selecting the best query method is taught in the practical skills part of the course. You will learn to make decisions with more accuracy with avoiding redundant errors or drawbacks. The candidates can apply their learning from IT Ops training to upgrade efficiency and make the best of the potential of SQL to articulate intricate requests for oracle database.
Select the most efficient solution to complex SQL problems
The analytical operations of oracle controlling.
Avoid basic errors and test SQL queries in detail.
To solve complicated queries, maximize the abilities of SQL.
Utilize cross joins, inner joins, self joins and outer joins.
You must have Oracle RDBMS and SQL basics at any of these levels:
Course 2226, or
SQL Programming Language Introduction, or
Oracle Database 12c Introduction, or
Oracle 12c is used in the course.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction and Overview
The uses of SQL queries
- Why SQL can be both easy and difficult
- Recommendations for thorough testing
Enhancing query performance
- Query optimization
- Choosing the most efficient query method
Leveraging SQL Functions to Build Queries
- Grouping in several levels
- Grouping and NULLs
- CUBE and ROLLUP
- Building crosstab reports
- Utilizing the PIVOT operator in Oracle 11g
- String-manipulation functions
- Functions for date and time manipulation
- Simulating IF ... THEN ... ELSE with functions
- Handling regular expressions with Oracle 10g functions
Performing Extensive Analysis with Analytical Functions
- RANK and DENSE_RANK
- ROW_NUMBER depending on ORDER BY
Extending the use of aggregates
- Partitioning in multiple levels
- Computing running totals
- Comparing row and aggregate values
- Defining sliding window boundaries
Developing Complex Joins
Creating inner and outer joins
- Building multiple table joins
- Grouping and joins
How and when to use self-joins
- Implementing recursive self-joins with CONNECT BY
- CONNECT BY and join simultaneously
- Oracle 10g enhancements to CONNECT BY
Applying the ANSI standard join syntax
- INNER JOIN
- CROSS JOIN
- LEFT, RIGHT and FULL OUTER JOIN
- Adding filter conditions to OUTER JOINS
- Differences between new ANSI and old Oracle style
Manipulating the set operators
- UNION and UNION ALL
- Subqueries that return NULL
- Multiple row subqueries
- Multiple column subqueries
Handling correlated subqueries
- Fetching main query values
- The EXISTS operator
- Avoiding accidental correlation
Subqueries in the FROM clause
- Breaking up a complex problem into manageable pieces
- Factoring subqueries for reusability
- Applying recursive factored subqueries in Oracle 11g R2
Subqueries as expressions
- Subqueries as parameters to functions
- Correlated and noncorrelated subqueries in expressions
Employing Views and Temporary Tables
Overcoming obstacles with views
- Multiple group levels in one query
- How views impact performance
Temporary tables as alternatives to views
- Avoiding interference from other users
- Tailoring temporary tables
Introducing Oracle 12c
- Limiting the number of rows returned with FETCH
- Retrieving partly results with OFFSET
- Simulating joins with lateral views and APPLY
- Declaring local functions in the WITH clause
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt