Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Increase productivity and maximize the potential of SQL to formulate intricate queries for Oracle databases. In this training course, you learn to solve business problems easily, efficiently, and elegantly with only a few lines of SQL code, and gain the practical skills to choose the best query method — ensuring accuracy and avoiding common errors or pitfalls.
- Maximize the potential of SQL to formulate complex queries
- Thoroughly test SQL queries and avoid common errors
- Select the most efficient solution to complex SQL problems
- Leverage the analytical functions of Oracle
- Employ inner joins, outer joins, cross joins, and self joins
- SQL and Oracle RDBMS knowledge at the level of: Course 925, SQL Programming Language Introduction, or Course 2226, Oracle Database 12c Introduction
- This course is currently running on Oracle 12c
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction and Overview
The uses of SQL queries
- Why SQL can be both easy and difficult
- Recommendations for thorough testing
Enhancing query performance
- Query optimization
- Choosing the most efficient query method
Leveraging SQL Functions to Build Queries
- Grouping in several levels
- Grouping and NULLs
- CUBE and ROLLUP
- Building crosstab reports
- Utilizing the PIVOT operator in Oracle 11g
- String-manipulation functions
- Functions for date and time manipulation
- Simulating IF ... THEN ... ELSE with functions
- Handling regular expressions with Oracle 10g functions
Performing Extensive Analysis with Analytical Functions
- RANK and DENSE_RANK
- ROW_NUMBER depending on ORDER BY
Extending the use of aggregates
- Partitioning in multiple levels
- Computing running totals
- Comparing row and aggregate values
- Defining sliding window boundaries
Developing Complex Joins
Creating inner and outer joins
- Building multiple table joins
- Grouping and joins
How and when to use self-joins
- Implementing recursive self-joins with CONNECT BY
- CONNECT BY and join simultaneously
- Oracle 10g enhancements to CONNECT BY
Applying the ANSI standard join syntax
- INNER JOIN
- CROSS JOIN
- LEFT, RIGHT and FULL OUTER JOIN
- Adding filter conditions to OUTER JOINS
- Differences between new ANSI and old Oracle style
Manipulating the set operators
- UNION and UNION ALL
- Subqueries that return NULL
- Multiple row subqueries
- Multiple column subqueries
Handling correlated subqueries
- Fetching main query values
- The EXISTS operator
- Avoiding accidental correlation
Subqueries in the FROM clause
- Breaking up a complex problem into manageable pieces
- Factoring subqueries for reusability
- Applying recursive factored subqueries in Oracle 11g R2
Subqueries as expressions
- Subqueries as parameters to functions
- Correlated and noncorrelated subqueries in expressions
Employing Views and Temporary Tables
Overcoming obstacles with views
- Multiple group levels in one query
- How views impact performance
Temporary tables as alternatives to views
- Avoiding interference from other users
- Tailoring temporary tables
Introducing Oracle 12c
- Limiting the number of rows returned with FETCH
- Retrieving partly results with OFFSET
- Simulating joins with lateral views and APPLY
- Declaring local functions in the WITH clause
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's