Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
The emergence of large data sets presents new opportunities and challenges to organizations of all sizes. In this Hadoop architecture and administration training course, you gain the skills to install, configure, and manage the Apache Hadoop platform and its associated ecosystem, and build a Hadoop solution that satisfies your business requirements.
The average salary for Hadoop developer is $110,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Architect a Hadoop solution to satisfy your business requirements
- Install and build a Hadoop cluster capable of processing large data
- Configure and tune the Hadoop environment to ensure high throughput and availability
- Allocate, distribute, and manage resources
- Monitor the file system, job progress, and overall cluster performance
This course is intended for:
- Big Data Analyst
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Java
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introduction to Data Storage and Processing
Installing the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Defining key design assumptions and architecture
- Configuring and setting up the file system
- Issuing commands from the console
- Reading and writing files
Setting the stage for MapReduce
- Reviewing the MapReduce approach
- Introducing the computing daemons
- Dissecting a MapReduce job
Defining Hadoop Cluster Requirements
Planning the architecture
- Selecting appropriate hardware
- Designing a scalable cluster
Building the cluster
- Installing Hadoop daemons
- Optimizing the network architecture
Configuring a Cluster
- Setting basic configuration parameters
- Configuring block allocation, redundancy and replication
- Installing and setting up the MapReduce environment
- Delivering redundant load balancing via Rack Awareness
Maximizing HDFS Robustness
Creating a fault–tolerant file system
- Isolating single points of failure
- Maintaining High Availability
- Triggering manual failover
- Automating failover with Zookeeper
Leveraging NameNode Federation
- Extending HDFS resources
- Managing the namespace volumes
- Critiquing the YARN architecture
- Identifying the new daemons
Managing Resources and Cluster Health
- Setting quotas to constrain HDFS utilization
- Prioritizing access to MapReduce using schedulers
- Starting and stopping Hadoop daemons
- Monitoring HDFS status
- Adding and removing data nodes
- Managing MapReduce jobs
- Tracking progress with monitoring tools
- Commissioning and decommissioning compute nodes
Maintaining a Cluster
Employing the standard built–in tools
- Managing and debugging processes using JVM metrics
- Performing Hadoop status checks
Tuning with supplementary tools
- Assessing performance with Ganglia
- Benchmarking to ensure continued performance
Simplifying information access
- Enabling SQL–like querying with Hive
- Installing Pig to create MapReduce jobs
Integrating additional elements of the ecosystem
- Imposing a tabular view on HDFS with HBase
- Configuring Oozie to schedule workflows
Implementing Data Ingress and Egress
Facilitating generic input/output
- Moving bulk data into and out of Hadoop
- Transmitting HDFS data over HTTP with WebHDFS
Acquiring application–specific data
- Collecting multi–sourced log files with Flume
- Importing and exporting relational information with Sqoop
Planning for Backup, Recovery and Security
- Coping with inevitable hardware failures
- Securing your Hadoop cluster
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's