HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 2 (HW HDP OpAdm2)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course is designed for experienced administrators who manage Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) clusters with Ambari. It covers upgrades, configuration, application management, and other common tasks. This course also prepares the students for the HDP Certified Administrator (HDPCA) Exam A Hadoop Admin Certification
The average salary of Hadoop Admin is $85,395 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Execute automated installation of and upgrades to HDP clusters
- Configure HDFS for NFS integration and centralized caching
- Control application behavior using node labels
- Deploy applications using Slider
- Understand how to configure HDP for optimum Hive performance
- Understand how to manage HDP data compression
- Integrate Ambari with an existing LDAP environments to manage users and groups
- Configure high availability for Hive and Oozie
- Ingest SQL tables and log files into HDFS
- Support scalable and automated HDP application best practices
- Configure automated HDP data replication
IT administrators and operators responsible for configuring, managing, and supporting an Hadoop deployment in a Linux environment using Ambari.
Attendees should have attended HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 1 or possess equivalent knowledge and experience. Attendees should be familiar with basic HDP administration and Linux environments.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- 60% Lecture/Discussion
- 40% Hands-on Labs
- Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Perform an HDP Rolling Upgrade
- Configure HDFS NFS Gateway
- Configure HDFS Centralized Cache
- Configure YARN Node Labels
- Deploy HBase using Slider
- Integrate Ambari with LDAP
- Configure Hive High Availability
- Run an Oozie Workflow
- Configure Oozie High Availability
- Configure Data Mirroring using Falcon
- Install HDP using Ambari Blueprints
- Hive Performance Tuning
- Managing Data Compression
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's