About this course:
This course provides you skills to integrate programmability and automation in the Cisco-powered Enterprise Campus and Wide Area Network (WAN). You will be able to use automation tools, orchestration, telemetry and programming concepts to create more agile networks and more efficient workflows.
Through a combination of lessons and hands-on labs, you will gain knowledge and skills for using Cisco IOS-XE for device-centric automation, Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA™) Center for the intent-based enterprise network, Cisco Software-Defined (SD) WAN, and Cisco Meraki™.
Studying this course will prepare you to appear and pass the Automating Cisco Enterprise Solutions (300-435 ENAUTO) certification exam.
Once the course is completed, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate workflows (configuration, verification, health checking, and monitoring) using Python, Ansible, and Postman
- Explain Cisco SD-WAN solution components, implement a Python library that works with the Cisco SD-WAN APIs to perform configuration, inventory management, and monitoring tasks, and implement reusable Ansible roles to automate provisioning new branch sites on an existing Cisco SD-WAN infrastructure
- Explain the paradigm shift of model-driven telemetry and the building blocks of a working solution
- Describe the various models and APIs of the Cisco IOS-XE platform to perform Day 0 operations, improve troubleshooting methodologies with custom tools, augment the CLI using scripts, and integrate various workflows using Ansible and Python
- Control the tools and APIs to automate Cisco DNA infrastructure managed by Cisco DNA Center™
- Manage the tools and APIs to automate Cisco Meraki managed infrastructure and demonstrate workflows (configuration, verification, health checking, monitoring) using Python, Ansible, and Postman.
This course is ideal for network and software engineers who want to learn automation and programmability to apply for job roles such as:
- Sales engineer
- Account manager
- Network engineer
- Network administrator
- Wireless design engineer
- Network manager
- Systems engineer
- Wireless engineer
- Consulting systems engineer
- Technical solutions architect
You should have the following knowledge and skills before taking this course:
- Networking knowledge equivalent to the CCNP level
- Basic programming language concepts
- Ability to use Linux and CLI tools, such as Secure Shell (SSH) and Bash
- Basic understanding of virtualization
- Foundational understanding of Cisco DNA, Meraki, and Cisco SD-WAN
The following Cisco courses can help you gain the knowledge you need to prepare for this course:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
- Introducing Automation for Cisco Solutions (CSAU)
- Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies (ENCOR)