Cisco Secure Access Control System v5.x (ACS)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Students will gain a thorough understanding of the operation of the Cisco Secure ACS to control access to network services and devices. Course subjects include the principles of authentication (identifying users and devices in order to control access to networks, services, and devices), authorization (restricting the functions that users can perform on services and devices) and accounting (to track the activities of users). The RADIUS, TACACS+, Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), and IEEE 802.1X protocols are discussed in theory and practice as the basis of network security. Specific methods and configurations are shown that can be used in your production networks to achieve targeted and detailed control objectives. The course includes hands-on labs to provide direct experience in configuring Cisco Secure ACS and Cisco network devices.
The average salary for a Cisco Certified Network Administrator is $84,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols
- Compare and contrast the various ACS solutions: ACS Express, Enterprise, ACS on VMware, Cisco Secure ACS -1120 Series and Cisco Secure ACS -1121
- List the main components of Cisco Secure ACS
- Install Cisco Secure ACS v5.2
- Use a setup script during Cisco Secure ACS install
- Describe how licensing works with the Cisco Secure ACS
- Understand attributes, value types, and values
- Configure the different types of AAA clients
- Access network resources and AAA clients
- Configure local identity store and identity store sequence
- Understand users and identity stores
- Configure an external identity store with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Describe the fundamentals of LDAP
- Set up of external identity store with active directory
- Perform authentication, command authorization, and accounting with TACACS
- Monitor and Troubleshoot Cisco Secure ACS
- Configure and troubleshoot digital certificates self-signed by Cisco Secure ACS using local certificate authority (CA)
- Describe and configure IEEE 802.1X and EAP
- Configure Cisco Secure ACS environments with IEEE 802.1X and Windows XP clients
- Configure IEEE 802.1X for Single Host Authentication
- Troubleshoot IEEE 802.1X
This course is intended for:
- Security professionals, architects, and engineers and network administrators responsible for securing their networks to assure authorized access only by authenticated users, with accounting of their activities
- Cisco channel partners who sell, implement, and maintain Cisco ACS solutions
- Cisco ACS solutions sales engineers
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or the equivalent in knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Though it is not mandatory, students should also have the following training:
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) or the equivalent in knowledge and experience
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Identity Management Solution Overview
Lesson 1A: Reviewing Identity Management
Lesson 1B: Understanding Borderless Security
Module 2: Product Overview and Initial Configuration
Lesson 2A: Reviewing RADIUS and TACACS+
Lesson 2B: Reviewing Cisco Secure ACS v5.2
Lesson 2C: Installing Cisco Secure ACS v5.2
Lesson 2D: Understanding Cisco Secure ACS Attributes and Dictionaries
Lesson 2E: Adding Network Devices to Cisco Secure ACS
Lesson 2F: Configuring Identity Stores and Identity Sequence
Module 3: Advanced Cisco Secure ACS Configuration and Device Management
Lesson 3A: Configuring LDAP with External Identity Store
Lesson 3B: Configuring Active Directory with External Identity Store
Lesson 3C: Configuring Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting with TACACS+
Lesson 3D: Understanding Cisco Secure ACS and Certification Authority
Lesson 3E: Monitoring, Reporting, and Troubleshooting
Module 4: IEEE 802.1X with Cisco Secure ACS v5.2
Lesson 4A: Introducing IEEE 802.1X
Lesson 4B: Reviewing IEEE 802.1X Policy Elements (RADIUS)
Lesson 4C: Configuring IEEE 802.1X and Windows XP, Vista, and 7
Lesson 4D: Configuring IEEE 802.1X with Cisco Secure Services Client (SSC)
Lesson 4E: Using IEEE 802.1X Port-Based Authentication
Lesson 4F: Troubleshooting IEEE 802.1X
Module 5: System Operations
Lesson 5A: Configuring Distributed Deployment
Lesson 5B: Configuring Cisco Secure ACS System Administration Features
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's