Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0, Part 1 and Part 2 (CIVND)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course is an update to the Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 (VIVND) course. It will help you prepare for the CCNA Collaboration certification. This course includes a combination of the self-paced (CIVND1) and classroom (CIVND2) learning for optimal instruction.
Part 1 of Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 (self-paced portion) provides you with the necessary knowledge to describe characteristics of Cisco video solutions and assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution. The course describes the characteristics of a video solution and enables you to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as codec options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components, interactions, and requisites to the environment.
Part 2 of Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 (classroom portion) is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures. It will describes Cisco Business Video solutions and enable you to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration, TelePresence, and Digital Media Player in different Cisco Business Video solution architectures.
The software applications that are covered in this course include:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server
- Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Controller Unit
- Cisco TMS Server
Part 1 is an eLearning self-paced course bundled in with Part 2 which is the 5-day instructor-led class.
This course also helps the students in the preparation for Cisco: 210-065 CIVND exam.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
- CS-CCNA-Collaboration - Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Collaboration Boot Camp.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
- Describe Cisco Business Video components and architectures
- Implement Cisco Collaboration endpoints
- Implement Cisco TelePresence endpoints
- Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco collaboration endpoints
- Implement Cisco DMP endpoints
- Network administrators and network engineers
- System engineers
- Working knowledge of basic IP networking
- Knowledge of video conferencing and streaming fundamentals
- Cisco Basic IP networking e-learning or Interconnecting Cisco Devices, Part 1and 2 (ICND1 and ICND2)
- Implementing Cisco Video Networking Devices, Part 1 (CIVND1)
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Cisco Business Video Solutions
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Video and Content Delivery
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco Video Surveillance
- Lesson 3: Describing Cisco Collaboration
- Lesson 4: Discovering Central Collaboration Endpoint Control Elements
Module 2: Cisco Unified IP Phones, Collaboration Desk Endpoints, and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 1: Describing and Installing Cisco Unified IP Phones, Collaboration Desk Endpoints, and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 3: Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Jabber
Module 3: Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco TelePresence Endpoint Characteristics and Installation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco TelePresence CTS Software-Based and Cisco DX650 Endpoints
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoints
- Lesson 4: Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
Module 4: Multipoint Conferencing
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Multipoint Conferencing Solutions
- Lesson 2: Configuring and Monitoring Cisco Multipoint Conferencing
Module 5: Cisco Digital Media Players
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco DMP Characteristics and Installation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco DMPs
- Lesson 3: Managing Cisco Edge 340 DMPs
- Lab 1: Implement Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 2: Operate and Troubleshoot Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 3: Implement Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650 Endpoints
- Lab 4: Implement Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoints
- Lab 5: Implement Multipoint Calls on Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 6: Implement the Cisco Edge 340 DMP
- Lab 7: Use Appspace to Manage a Cisco Edge 340 DMP (Instructor-Led Demo)
- Discovery 1: Verify Collaboration Endpoint Registration Status on Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Discovery 2: Verify Collaboration Endpoint Registration Status on Cisco VCS
- Discovery 3: Install Cisco Jabber Client Software
- Discovery 4: Erase Trust Files
- Discovery 5: Dialed Number Analyzer
- Discovery 6: View WEI on Windows 7
- Discovery 7: Reset the Cisco DX650 to Factory Defaults
- Discovery 8: Reset Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Sets to Factory Defaults
- Discovery 9: Connect the Cisco TelePresence Touch
- Discovery 10: Use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Phonebook
- Discovery 11: View Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoint System Information
- Discovery 12: Collect Event Logs
- Discovery 13: Collect SIP and H.323 Logs on a Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoint
- Discovery 14: Verify Cisco TMS IP Connectivity, Version, Licenses, and Routing Setup
- Discovery 15: Verify Cisco TelePresence MCU IP Connectivity, Service Status, and Media Ports
- Discovery 16: Connecting Cisco DMP Peripherals
- Discovery 17: Cisco DMP Factory Reset
- Discovery 18: Cisco Edge 340 DMP Configuration Management?
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's